The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

i’m watching a netflix space show with starbuck and the car thief guy from shameless. it’s ok. it’s good enough to keep me engaged, but there’s just something about it that i can’t put my finger on that isn’t clicking and making it a great show. 3 bags of popcorn

Anybody started The Boys on amazon yet?

As I said in an unfortunate duplicate thread, it’s very good if you like gore and the superhero as jerks genre. Looking forward to season 2.

Yeah I just watched the first episode. That opening kill is incredible.

I figured I’d ask this question here rather than start a new thread. When I moved into my apartment last year, I had a deal with the landlord where I could get COX internet for like $50/month. It was for a year but now it’s gone up to $105 a month. I know nothing about internet speed (LOL Old) but COX is 150 Mbps download speed w/ 1 TB of data usage.

My phone carrier is Sprint. They said I can get 10 GB for $30/month, 50 GB for $50/month or 100 GB for $60/month if I combine it with my phone. All I have is my laptop and TV. I have Roku set up on the TV so I can get Netflix and Hulu. Should I switch plans? Or is it gonna fuck w/ the buffering and shit if I go to Sprint? I also don’t want to be paranoid about going over the allotment and getting a bill for like $200 because I fell asleep w/ the TV on.

Fwiw Matty, I haven’t used less than 400 Gb the last 8 months. I tend to do a lot of streaming, but I’m not a heavy donwloader, so take that as you will. 100 GB seems kind of low. Any idea what the prices are after the 100?

1 Like

Yea 100GB is too small for me. I just asked Cox how much I used. Past 3 months it was at least 500GB. So I would go over in a week or so LOL.

In Aussieland I’m getting very fast internet with unlimited download for 79.99 per month.

Really hope we can keep this thread going with good stuff to watch. When I need something to watch I’m tempted to go to 2+2, and going back there rubs me wrong.

Just finished The Last Kingdom after a recommendation from my mom. She’s recently retired so I hooked her up with the firestick and netflix/hulu/prime. She’s just binge watching everything and loving it lol.

Anyways the shows pretty solid. Definitely kept me entertained the whole way.

2 Likes

expert streaming recommendations offered to you completely free of charge:

hbo:
Show Me a Hero (needs its own rewatch thread it’s sf good)
Chernobyl
The Young Pope

hulu:
it’s always sunny in philadelphia (s13 just added)

amazon prime:
Patriot
father ted

netflix:
halt and catch fire
i think you should leave

3 Likes

You can add The Boys to Amazon.

If you liked S1 of Heroes, you’ll like this. I’m not saying its necessarily on par with S1 of Heroes quality wise, but its still quite good.

been seeing a lot of good things about this one. with your rec, it’s now on my watchlist.

also forgot to recommend Mr Robot on amazon prime, which i’m rewatching rn because it’s super elite

On Netflix, really liking Taco Chronicles, a show about Mexican street food. New season of Last Chance U is on my current to-watch list.

1 Like

Show me a hero :v: & Chernobyl are very well done Indeed.

1 Like

i hereby withdraw my recommendation of HBO’s years and years. the finale ruined the whole thing. maybe, if you think you have the strength of will, you can watch the first 5 episodes and not watch the finale and make up a better finale in your head. but that finale, for me, and i imagine for most people on this board, was infuriating. hated it!

2 bags of popcorn

1 Like

Watched it last night :face_with_hand_over_mouth:Dam did that take a turn into shit TV.

Just binge watched Africa on Netflix. It’s from 2013 but holy crap it was fantastic. Totally goofy on my part but there’s a scene with 2 frogs fighting to mate that cracked me up for some reason.

1 Like

I quit after the second episode. It just got more and more unlikely as it went on imo.

Mostly agree with the years and years takes. It went from “this is different and cool” to “well, that was interesting”

There’s a whole bunch of Attenborough nature documentaries on Netflix, they’re all excellent.

Also: I heard the new season of Glow is out. I freaking love that show.

1 Like