The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Holy shit a King and Simpsons thread in the same day? Have I died and gone to 1999 heaven?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/_brittanyv/status/1333143587597402112?s=20

6 Likes

Also I should add that those are the two episodes I mention as well when talking about how good early Bob’s is. I still use the song from “Sheesh! Cab, Bob?” as my ringtone.

1 Like

Though I could accept any answer from 3 to 8 and not lose respect for you.

1 Like

Good for up and coming content maker… Disney… to get the exposure it deserves.

1 Like

Im real into Cutthroat Kitchen right now. It’s just 30 minutes of real good fun and Alton Brown is food tv GOAT.

1 Like

I love that show.

1 Like

Simpsons s3 is pretty rough. I don’t see a ton of difference between 4 through 8, all of them are everyone at the top of their game. Even 9-12 has its moments, “join the navy” was 12 and pretty watchable. After that forget it.

Oh yeah, Community is another one with a rocky/below average start. Pretty great from then on.

I still watch it often.

Speaking of Bob’s Burgers, I love their Thanksgiving episodes. I do a marathon around Thanksgiving time.

1 Like

Aw man, the last one is great. Poirot as an old man wrestling with his moral code and how far he’s willing to go to pursue justice. David Suchet took a somewhat goofy character and gave him a sense of gravitas. Suchet’s whole Poirot series was so epic, no one is ever going to come close to doing the entire set of Poirot mysteries.

Suchet was really the GOAT Poirot. Can’t be topped.

If you want to see Poirot butchered, watch Malkovich do it in the ABC Murders.

I enjoyed Run on Hulu. Nice little thriller.

1 Like

Has Sarah Paulson been in a bad movie? I find her infinitely compelling.

The movie gave me shades of HBO’s documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest, or the Hulu dramatized version The Act about a girl tortured by her mother via Munchausen by proxy.

Edit: correction, has Sarah Paulson BEEN bad in a movie? Obviously she has been in some stinkers.

Glad to hear this. Thought he was awful as Biden.

1 Like

Ok. This might be the first recommendation from you that I’ve disagreed with, but, last night the wife and I watched this and we almost stopped it a few times. My wife also fell in and out of sleep throughout the back-half of the movie, and while I would normally either wake her up or stop the movie to resume at a later time, I just left it going because I knew neither of us cared what ultimately happened.

You’re the Worst is an ok comparison if you subtract the part where we actually start to like these people lol. We just hated both of them the whole time.

I actually only read your comments about the movie and not the stuff you quoted, so I wasn’t aware of the “gimmick” ahead of time. About 20 minutes in, we were like, “uhh is it just gonna be these two people the whole time?” The gimmick actually was kind of interesting and it had me wondering things like “is there Sixth Sense style twist at the end?” But I will certainly admit it was a cool way of showing two HUGE narcissists.

My other complaint about the movie is the dialogue. It made me think the writer(s) took 25 speedballs and snorted 12 lines of coke, and then tried to write like Aaron Sorkin. I don’t know if there’s a single line in the movie that actual human beings would ever say out loud.

I did have a few laughs though, and I got to enjoy looking at Winona Ryder while my wife enjoyed looking at Keanu. Plus it’s less than 1.5 hours, which is the perfect length for movies I don’t like lol.

1.5 stars

1 Like

Lollllll

I didn’t know you have so often found favor with my recommendations.

I see what you mean. I just enjoy that kind of storytelling. Huge unlikable narcissists saying dialogue no real person would say. I’m fine with that, because my pleasure was in part from seeing Keanu and Winona own every absurd line.

Plus…hol up!!! I thought they showed a little growth by the end :grinning:

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2020/12/18/giancarlo-esposito-profile/

Then, of course, there’s Gustavo Fring, the “Breaking Bad” villain about whom other bad guys have nightmares.

But the role that changed the course of the actor’s career — and allowed him to switch lanes on an already decades-long road — is one you’ve most certainly never heard of.

1 Like

I watched the first episode of The Wilds and will not be returning for a second one.

2 Likes

Wat