The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Page has been very vocal about gender and sexuality issues and rights for a long time. So in a way I think that helps because it makes this announcement part of a broader narrative.

4 Likes

So I donā€™t know who watches The Simpsons anymore, but I was definitely worried when I heard they were doing an episode about Cincinnati. I figured it would be 30 minutes of making fun of it, but I was wrong. It was surprisingly accurate in that Simpsons sort of way, and it wasnā€™t deprecating at all (ok, maybe a little), it was almost complimentary. Like, this is what the riverfront actually looks like:

And this place is iconic:

(sorry clovis, didnā€™t mean to reply to you personally, heh)

5 Likes

On the other hand, Futurama did NOT write a love letter to Atlanta:

1 Like

Amazing hahahahaha.

I was just rethinking his previous roles and feeling a little giddy at us reshaping our memories of his greatest works.

Juno was a commanding performance about a pregnant teenage girl by a trans man.

The best Kitty Pride came from a trans man.

Hard Candy takes on a new layer when that character is seen as a trans man. Or at least played by a trans man.

Hype!

2 Likes

Speaking on the recent conflict around whether to stream his stuff

https://v.redd.it/qaen48tfgs261

1 Like

This right after the Eliot Page posts made me think we needed to boycott Chapelle because of some anti-trans commentary he made. Little did I know itā€™s not that at all!

eta: and I clearly didnā€™t read the sentence you wrote before the video

1 Like

Iā€™m a few episodes behind. This gives me an incentive to catch up.

Caught up Mando S2, doesnā€™t seem like a lot of people itt are watching?

In general, I think itā€™s about as good as Star Wars can get. S2E5 alone has more compelling LS combat than anything in the last 3 movies put together. Am I supposed to hate baby Yodaā€™s name or something? Itā€™s not great but at least itā€™s not fucking ā€˜snokeā€™ or Count Doodoo. Love the variety of worlds and species being explored. A bordering on A+. Iā€™m not any kind of expanded universe reader, but Iā€™m pumped for Thrawn.

1 Like

Iā€™m watching every Friday, I think itā€™s awesome and Iā€™m excited to watch each new one.

2 Likes

Canā€™t help but read about some of the spoilers and look forward to watching it. I donā€™t pay for D+ though, so no idea when Iā€™ll be able to catch up.

Yā€™all good with splitting Mando into its own thread? No need for you to use spoilers there with such detailed discussion.

1 Like

Le Thread

Just saw couple episodes of Schittā€™s Creek and I wondered is this supposed to be funny? Feels like Arrested Development with a down syndrome and lobotomia.

1 Like

What a nice way to describe something.

Thank you, I mean really thank you. That means a lot, coming from grand master of nice and meaningful posting.

5 Likes

I FINALLY finished Barry season 1! Loved it! Love Henry Winkler! Love Stephen Root!

One ep into season 2 and itā€™s alreadyā€¦eh

7 Likes

I couldnā€™t even get through the pilot episode.

1 Like

We better update the Watch Party schedule omg

https://twitter.com/kristapley/status/1334565615902679041

As someone who has not yet seen Tenet

https://twitter.com/vicavy/status/1334568059042992129