The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Strong disagree. Stick with it.

2 Likes

Yeah Barry season two is even better than season 1

1 Like

Yeah my impression is that it’s a feel-good show that’s occasionally funny, which seems to be confirmed by everyone who’s seen more of it than I have

Letterkenny is a lot funnier

Oof

Holy shit. HBO and WB are about to make a shit ton of money

2 Likes

Seconded. The first episode is admittedly not great, but man it gets sooooooo much better

i was pretty meh on the entire series, and i thought the actors will get got for their portrayals of chechens.

Barry S1 > S2

HBO Max will get what, 30 million subs out of this? That’s $450 million a month!

1 Like

if i had to guess, they will get 1-2 million subscribers through the winter months. hbo max has the worst churn in the industry

Ty, whole series came just now available here in the periphery. I just read how they cleared all the emmys and the first few episodes made me double-check if this really was the same title. Will continue watching, upside is huuuuuge.

Yeah but apparently they’re canceling my Amazon Prime HBO subscription that I’m too lazy to have canceled for the past couple of years, so subtract $15 a month from that.

I’m plot committed so I’m not going anywhere, just didn’t think the s2 opener was nearly as strong as I expected it to be is all. The performances across the board are superb though and Hader has real writing chops.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see what this plan does for their churn. If they’re dropping ~ 1 movie per month and each movie is only on Max for a 30 day window, it seems like a lot of people may just let the subscription renew rather than trying to game out to restart and then cancel the subscription every time they want to see something new.

2 Likes

I dont know enough about the movie industry, but do they want to cut out theatres long term? Is that part of the goal here?

They want whatever makes the most money.

Schitt’s Creak is objectively bad and anyone who likes it should feel bad.

3 Likes

The only winners are the people we perma-ban from this wretched place

tenor (5)

5 Likes

If the son and dad didn’t have the same distinctive eyebrows it wouldn’t even be a show. It reminded me of those videos where they take 90s sitcoms and remove the laugh track and you realize there’s actually nothing funny going on

1 Like

Ok can we get the Dune release date pushed back up to this month?