The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

If you could only have one streaming service, which one would it be?

• Amazon Prime Video
  • Apple TV+
  • Disney+
  • HBO Max
  • Hulu
  • Netflix
  • Other

0 voters

HBO has the clear best lineup. Im surprised at how solid Apple TV’s offerings are, and at only 4.99/mo is probably the best deal on the list.

1 Like

I voted Netflix because in addition to some shows I watch regularly, Netflix always has some mildly interesting rando documentary or something that I can just put on in the background while I work or whatever. Their bench is deep. I would have probably voted for Amazon #2 for the same reason.

amazon kinda sucks because they push a lot of content that’s actually not free for prime, costs to rent, etc.

Why can’t any reliably tell you that you’ve watched a show/movie? I need a database or something. I’ve started at least a dozen movies over the last few years only to realize I’ve seen them already partway in.

1 Like

We’ve got a thread for that.

5 Likes

YouTubeTV is great for sports, but very expensive.

Watched them both as well and funnily netflix already suggested another korean tv show(Sweet home). Is it odd that a lot of this korean/japanese stuff has a really good imdb score?
When I watch in english the english subtitles often are different from the stuff they are actually saying.

Not really, Japan and Korea have made some great shows.

1 Like

Voted HBO Max, but Netflix is really, really close. Hulu clear 3rd.

1 Like

Maybe my thinking is wrong, but it actually makes sense to me that they would have remarkable IMDB scores. I’m assuming that a lot of the crappy stuff from Korea/Japan/etc. simply never sees the light of day in other countries, so what we see is basically a “best of”.

1 Like

Haven’t used Apple much, but it seems low key pretty solid, and they just released that Azimov series, which looks good. They have a very shallow library though, right?

If you prefer foreign language content, is there anything even remotely close to Netflix? I guess Prime has a bit of stuff for Mexican Spanish, but otherwise not much.

Meant to say Netflix but misclicked Disney. HBO Max isn’t available to Canadians though. We have Crave which also includes showtime, but its like $18 US a month.

My ‘continue watching’ list is constantly full of shows I finished and stopped watching at the credits also.

Netflix has a ton of Spanish-language shows, I’ve been on a run of watching a couple of meh telenovellas.

If you didn’t know, you can click “show vote” and change your choice.

(I believe this works on any poll that isn’t closed.)

With young girls, Disney+ is a no brainer for us, but if that weren’t the case it’s probably HBO Max.

Yeah seems like they have gone the opposite direction of Netflix in terms of quantity v quality.

Other : Pirate Bay

6 Likes