The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Releases Dec 27

Per Netflix, the synopsis for “Death to 2020” reads: “2020: A year so [insert adjective of choice here], even the creators of ‘Black Mirror’ couldn’t make it up…but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a little something to add. ‘Death to 2020’ is a comedy event that tells the story of the dreadful year that was — and perhaps still is? This landmark documentary-style special weaves together some of the world’s most (fictitious) renowned voices with real-life archival footage spanning the past 12 months.”

Is the girl from the new IT movies in that?

I got a subscription a couple of months ago. I’m not a major film buff but I think it’s great. I watched Paths of Glory at the weekend. Great movie.

I like French films and there are tons of great ones on there.

I’ve never watched any Japanese films before, but started Seven Samurai last night. Very good so far!

I found this article useful for suggestions:

1 Like

Warched the latest season of Archer and loved it. The end was excellent and I’m pretty excited for the next season.

1 Like

Oh wow, you’re going to like the Kurosawa collection.

3 Likes

Please make sure you watch Oni Baba.

1 Like

I’m on the 4th season of Archer now and it’s pretty great. Does the quality stay pretty good? That’s a lot of seasons to stay consistent.

5 Likes

We survived it but we were close to shutting it down a few times. Definitely not watching a second season, this one was a real slog. When it’s done and you look back on it you realize there’s barely enough story there for a 2 hour movie but somehow they stretch it out to 8 episodes.

Hello Wipers! Are you or any relation to our single unit Wiper?

Nope, no relation. It’s just a play on my real name. If it’s too close to another user I don’t mind switching it up if the mods can change it.

Season 5 changes it up quite a bit. Some people really love that season, others hate it for changing the formula. Without getting too spoilery, this is a show that is willing to take some chances in future seasons. I happen to enjoy all seasons, but I know not everyone shares my tastes.

First 7 seasons are great. From there skip to season 10 and skim through to the last two episodes. Then pick up season 11.

Not a problem at all, just an ice breaker to say hello

I tired out of the formula after a few seasons (I think I finally quit around season 6) but if you’re still finding it funny then maybe you will continue to.

That’s a list of almost everything we watched for film class in the English department. I haven’t gone back and rewatched, but I loved Godard (Breathless and Vivre Sa Vie) and Truffaut when I watched them over a decade ago. A lot of Crtierion is available on Kanopy (free with your public library card).

3 Likes

I would be okay with this 100 square ft apartment

2 Likes

It’s not super common, but they do exist, especially in what used to be tenement apartments in New York. Space was at a premium, putting in plumbing (to conform to laws that required apartments be retrofitted to provide running water) was expensive, so they just threw a tub or shower wherever they could.

1 Like

The 8 year old in me is a sucker for a ladder/loft bed. The 6’4" guy in me is not. But honestly, it’d be fun for a while.

1 Like

Just think of how much fun it would be to kick someone out of bed

1 Like

I was scrolling through HBO Max and saw that, appropriately, they have the 1970’s Wonder Woman TV show on there. I remember liking it when I was a kid (re-runs in the 80’s), so I showed a little bit to my own spawn. The intro is the GOAT.

1 Like