The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Nope, I’m a big Lisa mark. Lisa on Ice, Lisa’s Pony, Lisa’s Wedding, Liss the Iconoclast, Lisa the vegetarian, and Lisa’s rival are all very very good episodes.

Does anybody else watch the David Suchet Poirot series?

I generally like them, but the final one is really bad. Poirot knows someone is a serial killer, but he can’t prove it. So Poirot just straight up murders him.

Apparently Agatha Christie hated Poirot and resented his popularity, so this last story was her way of getting back at him.

This last story is so out of character that it makes it hard for me to enjoy the earlier episodes the same way as before.

I recently tried to watch all the Simpsons when I subbed to Disney Plus but man that was hard to do when there is such a noticeable drop off in quality after season 12.

They should have just ended the show after this joke in season 12 episode 8.

1 Like

He ended up playing Poirot for like 24 years. About a decade less than Falk played Colombo, but still very impressive.

You should check out some of the later episodes if you liked the early series. They have some of the best known Poirot stories, including Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile. Just skip the last episode.

Definitely time for a Simpsons thread. I will turn the recent posts into a thread later if another mod has not descended. Continue as you were.

Would be AMAZING to start from the beginning and go to the current seasons, but wow at that amount of time.

Yeah, I wasn’t planning to kick it up but early Bob’s is very good. Like early Community, people tend to overlook how well-formed the characters were early on, usually instead thinking the show took a leap when it finally clicked for them. (Community’s leap into concept episodes is another reason for that, but that’s another discussion.)

4 and 5

2 Likes

Holy shit a King and Simpsons thread in the same day? Have I died and gone to 1999 heaven?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/_brittanyv/status/1333143587597402112?s=20

6 Likes

Also I should add that those are the two episodes I mention as well when talking about how good early Bob’s is. I still use the song from “Sheesh! Cab, Bob?” as my ringtone.

1 Like

Though I could accept any answer from 3 to 8 and not lose respect for you.

1 Like

Good for up and coming content maker… Disney… to get the exposure it deserves.

1 Like

Im real into Cutthroat Kitchen right now. It’s just 30 minutes of real good fun and Alton Brown is food tv GOAT.

1 Like

I love that show.

1 Like

Simpsons s3 is pretty rough. I don’t see a ton of difference between 4 through 8, all of them are everyone at the top of their game. Even 9-12 has its moments, “join the navy” was 12 and pretty watchable. After that forget it.

Oh yeah, Community is another one with a rocky/below average start. Pretty great from then on.

I still watch it often.

Speaking of Bob’s Burgers, I love their Thanksgiving episodes. I do a marathon around Thanksgiving time.

1 Like

Aw man, the last one is great. Poirot as an old man wrestling with his moral code and how far he’s willing to go to pursue justice. David Suchet took a somewhat goofy character and gave him a sense of gravitas. Suchet’s whole Poirot series was so epic, no one is ever going to come close to doing the entire set of Poirot mysteries.

Suchet was really the GOAT Poirot. Can’t be topped.

If you want to see Poirot butchered, watch Malkovich do it in the ABC Murders.

I enjoyed Run on Hulu. Nice little thriller.

1 Like