The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

SNL actually had a new episode this weekend. Parts of it were a bit rough, but it was familiar and comforting and I’m glad they tried to do something.

Gotta agree. It definitely feel as though it was dragged out. I mean the most important part happened towards the end of the episode and barely lasted a couple of minutes. The rest of it was just a lot of walking.

The zoom meeting sketch could have been soooo much better. Like this simple YouTube video was 10x better

Because…

asdf

1 Like

I mostly agree that there were motivational things that didn’t make sense, but on the bad guy choosing to run Jimmy down: I figured that it was probably still just the lone escaped guy as if he went back empty handed to his cartel he would be killed, so he was also a bit desperate and injured, and there was similarly a large element of ‘fuck it’ in his thinking.

1 Like

54 posts were split to a new topic: The Leftovers (with spoilers and 2% Twin Peaks)

One of the most interesting things about Schitt’s Creek is homosexuality is treated as a total non issue. No comments about it, no jokes, nothing. It’s treated exactly the same as heterosexuality.

I can’t think of another show or movie I’ve ever seen that does that.

I love it.

2 Likes

The ESPN Bulls doc is a week out, looks incredible

The Ringer is about to release a pod recapping every single wire episode

4 Likes

Master of None comes to mind.

I never saw this. I’ll add it to my list.

Might be up for another wire rewatch. I came to the wire late. I didn’t watch it until 3 or 4 years ago but have watched it all three times since then.

So The Wire is currently free on HBONow

I’m not even the biggest Wire fan. But I’m in on a The Wire discussion club where we watch one episode a day (weekday)

2 Likes

Good job me for Rewatching The Wire last week.

1 Like

They made the whole movie :eyes:

2 Likes

First pic from the Dune remake. Vanity Fair will put out an expansive preview set of images tomorrow.

1 Like

First Dune teaser pic. Not Arrakis. Beach. Vegetation.

gjge

2 Likes

Denis Villeneuve has my complete faith

2 Likes

Maybe that the very beginning and Prince Whatshisname hasn’t left his homeworld yet.

Wasn’t super into the books, but this could be good.

1 Like

I’ve never seen or read Dune so don’t have any expectations but he is top 3 working directors right now. I can’t wait for anything he does.

I think most people here already saw it.

It’d be interesting to meet up on Zoom during a watch party.