THE Super Tuesday Mega-Gameday Sweat

It’s all we got for a long long time so you work with what you got. Personally I see this as a long war of attrition. Leftist candidates have to be going everywhere and running in every position. If they lose 90% of the time, which will probably happen, then that’s enough people getting through to make a difference. The Presidency is the title match sure, but leftists got to build a movement up with wins all up and down the ballot to have a chance at it.

1 Like

Money out of politics is almost a prereq, it’s a really hard thing to make happen and most people don’t really care about it.

3 Likes

To do this right, leftists have to be unafraid of taking out centrists as collateral damage and possibly enabling conservative majorities to win.

Put me in camp ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Don’t speak for me please.

I feel like converatives in power will pass laws to further entrench conservatives, which means Democrats need to become more conservative to win.

I don’t think this “sharpening the contradictions” strategy takes into account how much of a shift in either direction people are willing to tolerate before there’s a break.

The whole point is to break people.

This doesn’t follow. People don’t vote based on an imaginary spectrum of ideas. In reality, policies don’t matter very much at election time. Yes, the Republics pass things to entrench their power, for the power.

This is what the extreme/religious right did from the 70s on, while the centrist Democrats slept.

Holy shit, d10, I was trying to be nice. Wtf is wrong with you? Actually don’t answer that. Idgaf about the specifics.

I’ll say this though:

This is you not understanding anything. Of course we were making normative statements that support our candidate, that was half of my entire point!

Yeah, Liz fucked up. You should’ve switched your support! But you didn’t. There’s another normative statement, champ.

Up to this point you still supported her and trashed Bernie! What bigger defense is there!?!

And this is you really not understanding anything. Saying somebody did “word salad” means you don’t understand what they’re saying, but it’s their fault. You can’t admit you don’t understand and then say I’m wrong unless you’re, ironically doing word salad yourself!

Which you are, duh, because you’re more concerned with being a toxic asshole than having a big boy discussion. Hope that’s everything you dreamt it would be!

Not we, you.

No.

Looks like we’ve moved on from distraction to projection. I mean you’re straight up nailing the Wikipedia description.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a bully may project their own feelings of vulnerability onto the target. It incorporates blame shifting and can manifest as shame dumping.

Let’s close this out once again by reminding everyone of your [unprompted] OP that started all this:

Because it seems like your goal is just to move the conversation as far away from that as possible. All you have to do is say, “You know what, I see now that your statements were not at all supportive of Liz, so I guess I was wrong. Sorry!” Give it a try.

1 Like

It’s just “muh civility!” from the left. Can’t defend the positions? Criticize the tone.

6 Likes

I’ll be honest that I was not prepared for the outright trolling coming from the dem establishment and Warren supporters

4 Likes

whataboutthattimesomeonewasmean-ism

I’ve been hurling obsceneties at every Warren → Biden person I can find on Twitter all morning. It’s helping.

:neutral_face:

Don’t fret, I’m whispering sweet nothings and offering hanjos to the undecideds

It makes sense. They want some change. So warren is a nice compromise.

But she’s gone and it’s crazy boogeyman Sanders or

Sweet sweet joe

Most Americans want trump gone but they don’t want their life to change

It’s sad that only 20% of us are really ready for the upheaval.

2 Likes

Nothings ever going to change because the herd is stupid. Life on earth is literally marching towards some sort of human related mini-extinction event. Will be good thing for all involved in the long term.

1 Like

If we go down we’re taking everything bigger than a cockroach with us unless it lives a thousand feet down in the ocean - 'cept maybe rats and honey badgers.

1 Like