The Rivaldo weight-loss transformation, Faith, Hope and Love Thread

Did 4.73 miles in 59:59 earlier tonight. Tried to throttle down to hit the exact @6ix ty minute mark, but it seems it’s not meant to be. Gonna try to run twice a week now. Still fluctuating between 209 and 213ish.

Only had 1 meal today. Day off, slept late and actually felt rejuvenated, which isn’t often the case.

Had a text exchange with one of my bosses lol Jeff is his name. I told him I’d bought a new pair of overalls, cut my hair and shaved for my meeting tomorrow morning with Brett (the big boss) and that Brett and I were - in addition to discussing my raise - gonna coauthor Jeff’s annual review/ performance assessment.

Nickname Night King! @seities

6 Likes

Goat, what do you listen to/watch for a run that long? I’m working up to running a bit longer but I waste so much time picking what I want to listen to that it eats into my exercise time. I did 5k today to Iron Maiden’s Piece of Mind album, that was pretty good. First track is amazing.

1 Like

yeah. music motivation is critical for me. gotta have it. I’ll try to trance out and barely have my eyes open but still stay centered on the treadmill. lol and other times I’ll have enough breath to sing a line or 2 when I’m fired up.

I have a bunch of stuff saved to an IPod… so it’s just random on shuffle, but I’ll advance past stuff if I’m not feeling it and want a little more juice. I got a waterproof case for it and just wear a T-shirt with a pocket. I have one of those velcro holster things that you can put on your arm, but dunno where it currently is lol

tonight it was some King’s X, Tool, Sisqó, Living Colour and some others. Metallica, also. The title track to AJFA. The end of that song is the best running music.

My best run ever in an hour years ago was 7.67 on a treadmill at the gym. Dunno if i can get back there. Almost 3 miles more. I bet I could!

2 Likes

this is the exact version I converted to MP3… check the guitar at the end

I love these updates Riv. I’ll write more when I’m in a better headspace, but I hope your meeting goes well.

3 Likes

Running is solid and 5 mi is great. However, the book I’m reading argues that strength training is better for overall health and daily activities, and I’d think that’d be 3x the case for a plumber. https://www.amazon.com/Barbell-Prescription-Strength-Training-After/dp/0982522770 There are few situations in life where you have to run 5 miles, but there are tons where you need to move somewhat heavy things, including yourself. There’s a decent argument to be made that aerobic exercise has been way oversold by the fitness and medical community. Also, the first 6-12 months of strength gains come fast and easy (known as novice progression). I’ve gone from straining to get off the floor to being able to jump over 4 ft fences.

The real problem, of course, is people getting no significant exercise. I was on that track for 10 years, and it’s the road to hell.

1 Like

Good news for mild asthmatics like me who can only manage a mile.

Another reason five mile runs are being pushed is simply that people love the endorphins.

1 Like

Meeting was perfect. Visited with Jeff for a few minutes, then sat down with Brett.

Will get a bump in my pay at the end of the year, but that’s not the most important thing. I told Brett that I loved my job and that he and Jeff were integral to that. They know I’m in a better place, and they have facilitated that. I’m a special-needs plumber lmao. They take care of me and allow for my quirkiness. I told Brett I didn’t want to let him, Jeff or my Dad down.

I was walking out of his office, and he said, “don’t hesitate to talk anytime, it doesn’t have to be scheduled.” :heart: he and Jeff are the best

11 Likes

did 4.5 miles in an hour last Wednesday

So, that was 2 hours spent on the treadmill over 41 approximate hours of life. Was a bit noncommittal, but then got in my sneaks lol Had thought maybe only doing 30 minutes was smart, once 20-or-so minutes in, but made it the full 59:59

Haven’t run since then. Work has been busy. Had worked 6 days straight, coming in on what are normally off-days, accommodating customers’ schedules.

Did this fun job for a cat with the last name Orscheln (his family owns some lawn and garden outfit that has locations nationwide iirc)

cutesy wide-spread Kohler faucet on a pedestal lavatory, so access is limited. Kohler sent the customer the necessary replacement parts, so I could rebuild it. Anyway, the proprietary Kohler black-in-color cold-side supply line kinked because it has to loop around from the cold assembly to the spout assembly. The hot-side one didn’t kink lol go figure. So I had to engineer a solution. I grabbed some tubing from my van and cut it lengthwise, then duct-taped it around the supply, so that it had a sleeve of sorts and couldn’t kink because of the rigidity of the tubing.

cold-side

hot-side that hadn’t kinked

What y’all know about engineering solutions experts? errr

2 Likes

just did 5 miles in precisely 1 hour. feeling frisky, darlings! feels good. now to resist going to the chinese buffet. what if I eat only steamed rice, string beans, mushroom, broccoli, lean chicken and brown sauce?

6 Likes

Little bit concerned about the juxtaposition of food with kitten pics.

3 Likes

Frisky, you moran

What’s new with you, bro?

New avatar I see?

Nothing much new…waiting to see how the next few months pan out, god help us all.

How about you? Your new cat’s great.

1 Like

I’m doing great, mang. Meds are helping big time. Do not think it’s placebo. Work is great. Did a fun job for this Thai family on Saturday. I came a few days prior to the job on Saturday to assess the scope of work and give them an estimate, and they had 5 little rug rats, and the mom was about to burst again. Was told she had the baby on Friday, the day before I did 6 hours work for them on Saturday.

Friday I did a job for a black Sherriff. He’d purchased a furnace, as his family had made due with electric space heaters last year. I came in and put a pressure test on the natural gas piping as required by code and whatnot, and I found several leaks. So I grabbed my pipe wrenches and took the pipe apart, then reassembled and adequately tightened everything. Repressurized and voila. It held pressure. I told the Sherriff he and I are boys for life.

Still need to schedule the inspection and have the last few details finalized, but they’ll have their heat.

Oh! And I noticeably felt that muscle pain in my abs and arms from that workout with the wrenches.

I had to giddy up that last 5 minutes to make an even 5 miles. Could’ve punished myself further, but another time.

4 Likes

Did a job in the hood today. Deep in the hood, nearby where my tax preparer lives. He was a union electrician when I was an apprentice. lmao I remember I was up high on a ladder, and I had said some shit to some guy, and the dude was telling me to get down from the ladder and he was gonna beat my ass(or something along those lines). Niche - my tax guy - was down at floor-level and calmed him down lol.

Anyway, back to the job deep in the hood…

1 Like

You’re doing great! I’m hanging around so some of your success can rub off on me :grinning:

1 Like

Did 5.10 miles Friday night in 59:58, and did 5.15 in 59:57 earlier tonight. sheeit.

treadmill gif1

still plateaued right around 211, because I haven’t been disciplined enough these last couple weeks with diet. That’s ok, definitely gaining strength, stamina and muscle with the exercise

3 Likes

Make sure you’re getting enough protein. The 30g premier protein shakes are very good. I could have used them when I was doing HIIT classes pre-covid.

1 Like

Got my kitty back today lol he’s pretty awesome

7 Likes

pics?

1 Like