210 pound reference point

7 Likes

Cute shirt!

3 Likes

1st pic. He looks nothing like 210

2nd pic. Oh

1 Like

IMG_94581

I’m gonna adopt him. Told my friend to bill me for neutering, his shots and whatever else. Heartworm preventative.

What should his name be??!

7 Likes

i dunno what name but he is adorable

2 Likes

zomg so damn cute!

I’d suggest calling it Pyatnitski but thats too many syllables for a cat…

Perhaps King, after a band I believe you are fond of?

Or just check out a list like https://www.rover.com/blog/best-cat-names/ and see which one feels “right” when you are hanging out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tiger King

Hi, I’m Joe Exotic

1 Like

If he looks like a ninja, I’d call him Ronin. If he’s a little more pudgy, maybe Walrus or Wallie. I always wanted to name a dog 'Ever.

1 Like

7 Likes

Clearly the answer is Bebeto.

1 Like

I’d call him Hardy because he looks resilient and a real survivor.

1 Like

Hausswolff

1 Like

Had my followup doc appointment yesterday, and doctor Ruiz! was happy to see me and happy
I’d lost weight and that the meds appear to be helping.

I then had the taco bell nacho box for 5$ and went to my folks and showed my Dad how to recharge his secondary sump pump battery with distilled water. Then I went home and had a hit of weed.

Then! got on my treadmill and destroyed my previous best by .15 miles. ( 4.55 miles in 59:59 ) Had approx 10 days between using my treadmill. I’m initially inclined to just have a good cardio session, but then I get lathered up and want to beat my previous best.

Then went to BBQ dinner with the fam and met my 15-day-old nephew Manny!

Chiefs kicked serious ass. A Royals rookie flirted with a no-no. Life is good.

8 Likes
  1. I did reasonably well my freshman and sophomore years of high school, but got into drugs as a junior and became rebellious, and when other kids were doing college preparatory stuff, that simply wasn’t on my folks’ or my radar. I got booted out the house at 18, and floundered around for 3 approx years (made 10K dealing weed in Sacramento before moving to KC)

Somehow heard about the opportunity and guaranteed annual pay increases of the union plumber apprenticeship program when I was 21 and applied. They didn’t take an apprentice class that year, because work was too slow os. So, I asked how to make myself the most attractive candidate for the next year, and ended up taking a supremely easy technical math class at community college and attaching that to my next application. I interviewed and tested well during that subsequent round of hiring, and was accepted alongside 2 other apprentices by one of the big union contractors. lol completed my 5 year apprenticeship and still didn’t know shit about plumbing. 27 years in, I know what I’m doing mostly.

1. love the work, apart from driving around town as necessary, and the odd idiot customer. I like the irregular stuff, as noted up-thread. I also like meeting fun people and great pets.

2. that it’s all dealing with piss and shit. There’s massive variety to the work, and a regular need to apply your mind, visualize and engineer solutions.

3. I do not want them to know too much lol that’s not true, I do want people to coexist optimally with the mechanical systems in their homes, but peeps tend to value aesthetic more, until I teach them. Drain pipes are not magical conductors of everything you shove down them. They were imperfect the day installed, owing to pipe burrs and other imperfections. They used to join pipe with lead and oakum. Just last week - and for the 1st time in all my years plumbing - I removed a section of old pipe, and found that excess molten lead of the initial joint had found its way into the actual barrel of the pipe, and from day one posed impediment to the flow of effluent. I chiseled it out as best I could, because removing the effected junction wasn’t within the scope of work, and would’ve necessitated far more work.

4. hmmmm nothing much really surprises me anymore. I remember hearing about a fancy hotel that had some pretty catastrophic failure to one of their water lines, and water was rolling down into the lobby, putting a bit of a damper on their ability to welcome guests.

7 Likes

Kitten is going to be called Bubs. Bubs is his official name

but he can have many nicknames. Grand Fluff Tarkin is one me and my bro came up with for this blind-from-birth (now totally thriving and like 3 or 4 years old… had the necessary surgery years back etc. ) kitty he rescued at the steel mill where he used to work

Grand Fluff!

10 Likes

Pretty solid cat name.

2 Likes

10 Likes

I have had one cat in my 50+ years and his name was Joe

Edit: and he was cool AF.

2 Likes