The Raid (on Rebekah Jones's home)

That’s then not the question. The question is do I care? And I’m saying this to the Trolliest poster.

https://twitter.com/alemzs/status/1336423160959348738?s=21

Dissect and dis away…

What interpretation are you talking about? This is the entirety of the discussion:

Case incidence varies significantly between school grade levels and between students and staff. Staff rates are higher than student rates in all school environments except high schools, and staff benefit most by mandatory-mask mandates. The rate of cases within schools is highly correlated with cases within a community, more than the size of the district by total enrollment. Percent enrollment in face-to-face instruction is a secondary influencer of case incidence rates in schools. In areas with higher pediatric community case rates compared to school case rates, districts may be under-reporting school case totals for students, or “disqualifying” student cases based on when a student tested and whether the case could be directly linked to the school environment. More research is needed to further understand the wealth of data available regarding COVID-19 incidence in Florida, and to develop proper mitigation strategies to confront this unprecedented challenge.

Am I missing something? This document doesn’t seem informative about anything we’ve been talking about. It certainly doesn’t provide any information about whether COVID is likely to be spreading inside the schools.

In fact, I’m not even sure what the data is showing. If I take the Table 2 heading literally, it’s comparing School case rates calculated over a 3 month period (August 10 - November 14) to Community case data for just a 14-day period. How is that a relevant comparison? I want to say that this must be a bad reading on my part because the comparison makes no sense, but I don’t see any alternative definitions.

I legitimately have no idea what useful information is in here. What do you think is an important conclusion to be drawn from this document?

I mean a 14 day case rate of 180/1000 and 60/1000 among school age children in the two largest counties in Florida would actually be important information. Big if true? (It isn’t true).

1 Like

Fair point. I’d argue that it’s even bigger if true that Broward County has a case rate of 182.2 for school-aged children, but only 3.6 for all age groups. I think the only reasonable interpretation is that adults in Broward County are behaving extremely cautiously, while also mandating pozz parties for all school-aged kids.

1 Like

Jfc. How long does it take to setup a new computer. Obviously a hack.

https://twitter.com/georebekah/status/1336414934226366464?s=21

Untrustworthy Lincoln Project d-bag

Those data tables are amazing. The numbers just don’t add up on very basic levels.

This is a really bizarre story. Large numbers of people, including scientists, seem totally convinced that Rebekah is getting oppressed for doing the science, but whenever we look at her numbers it’s obvious within about 30 seconds that they make no sense at all.

I also can’t figure out where the evidence is supposed to be that the Department of Health were fudging numbers, as she alleges. Like here is a headline from the Tampa Bay Times:

Florida Health Department manager told to delete coronavirus data is ousted

But here is their account of her being told to “delete coronavirus data”:

That day, according to the Miami Herald , reporters contacted the department to ask about the “EventDate” field of data, which showed when people first reported coronavirus symptoms or positive test results. Some people had listed dates as early as January 1, indicating people reported symptomatic or tested positive much earlier than when cases were confirmed in March. It is unclear when the state learned about those cases, or when the people were tested.

Sometime that day, the column vanished from the “Person Cases” data, which lists anonymized records for every confirmed case in Florida. The Palm Beach Post reported the disappearance the next day, May 5.

The Tampa Bay Times automatically checks for changes in the data and archives new updates. Shortly before 10:12 a.m on May 4., data still included the EventDate field, showing records with listed dates that people reported symptoms as early as January 1. By 3:02 p.m., the column was gone.

For much of the next day, May 5, the column was either missing or empty, with every row listing “None.” Finally, it returned shortly before 8:02 p.m.

Times reporters asked Health Department spokesman Alberto Moscoso that day why the data disappeared. Two days later, he said, “This field continues to be represented on the Department’s COVID-19 Dashboard.”

Moscoso did not reply to requests for comment Tuesday.

According to internal emails reviewed by the Times , Department of Health I.T. Director Craig Curry emailed Rebekah Jones just before 5 p.m. on May 4. He cited Dr. Carina Blackmore, director for the Division of Disease Control and Health Protection.

“Per Dr. Blackmore, disable the ability to export the data to files from the dashboard immediately. We need to ensure that dates (date fields) in all objects match their counterpart on the PDF line list published,” Curry wrote.

The tables in the PDF documents did not include the column of data showing when symptoms were first reported, only the “Case Date” — the date the state recorded and confirmed the case.

“This is the wrong call,” Jones replied minutes later.

A few minutes later, she emailed Curry again. “Case line data is down.”

Then, just after 6 p.m., the I.T. director emailed both Jones and Dr. Blackmore. “Re-enable for now please.”

Jones replied, “10-4.”

Neither Dr. Blackmore nor Curry replied to requests for comment.

I don’t get it. Can someone explain to me what the nefarious bit is supposed to be? They took a column down for a little over 24 hours then put it back up? I don’t know precisely what this means:

We need to ensure that dates (date fields) in all objects match their counterpart on the PDF line list published

But it sounds like they had concerns that they were putting out inaccurate data, so they temporarily disabled access to it to check whether it was correct. Seems like a good idea? There is no “she was told to delete data” even being alleged here, just seems like the reporter doesn’t really know how computers work and doesn’t even get what “delete data” means.

It just seems like she was fired for not doing her job and is now just putting out tables of numbers that aren’t even internally consistent on a basic level, and the entire rest of the story is a media fantasy. I’m very open to any evidence that I’m wrong about this.

2 Likes

You’d also need kids to be a small fraction of the population. The conclusion is that they must also be culling schoolchildren, Danish mink style.

1 Like

It took me a while to remember who she reminded me of, but she is the “left wing” James Damore.

Are we sure she’s not Q?

1 Like

It’s particularly funny for anyone who has ever read a bunch of scientific papers. I never read geography papers but I’m sure it’s the same for every discipline. You first quickly skim the abstract and glance at the figures to see if it’s something you might be interested in. OK after step one here I was like wtf I must have skimmed too fast, I don’t understand what she’s even saying here. OK step two is look at the figures and tables, read the captions and then reread the abstract carefully which, lol. The figures and to a lesser extent tables are by far the most important part of any paper and typically a lot of thought and effort goes into them. That, uh, does not seem to be the case here.

3 Likes

Chris please go read up on Joel Greenberg.

(He’s been discussed a bit here in this forum by us FL peeps and I’ll cliffs him here: he is the former tax collector for Seminole County FL who has been charged with a whole host of state and federal felonies and was forced out of office last year. He was formerly a well-connected Republican.)

I’m asking that you read up on him because the list of shit this guy is accused of doing (spoiler: he did it all) is massive and ridiculous. This same Repube-run FDLE you’re fellating in this thread allegedly investigated this clown and didn’t find ONE thing they could charge him with. Not. One. Single. Thing. They closed their investigations whereupon he proceeded to do more felonies. Yet now that other agencies have stepped in and done actual investigations, he stands accused of multiple felonies.

My point is that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is an organization controlled by the governor of Florida and is obviously political to anyone who lives here. I don’t expect an Aussie to know this as a matter of course…but you really should not take a single fucking thing they or their mouthpiece says with anything other than a massive grain of salt is all.

I’m hardly “fellating” the FDLE by entertaining the possibility that what their spokeswoman said is true.

I have no doubt that the FDLE is a thoroughly corrupt, awful organization but that doesn’t mean that every single action any of them take is corrupt. It introduces that possibility, but it seems unlikely to me here.

Firstly, just on Occam’s Razor grounds, everything about this case can be explained by Rebekah being a narcissistic crackpot with a spiteful disposition. This includes the behaviour of the police in the video. LEAVING ASIDE VALUE JUDGEMENTS, THIS BIT IS IN CAPITALS SO PEOPLE DON’T MISS IT, having had to deal with a narcissistic crackpot for the last 20 minutes is an adequate logical explanation to me of how they act in the video, and requires nothing other than Rebekah behaving how I would expect a person like that to behave.

Secondly, the suggested conspiracy makes no sense. “The government is harassing me to try to shut me down” sounds like it makes sense, but to the extent Rebekah is an annoyance to DeSantis, she’s an annoyance because she keeps going on TV and saying DeSantis is a piece of shit who is persecuting her. Sending cops around to wave guns at her absolutely guarantees she will do that again and that’s exactly what happened. Buying that narrative is being asked to believe that DeSantis wanted to put out a fire and the plan he came up with was pouring gas on it. And it requires believing that in the context - see point one - of a story that already makes sense without needing to introduce that element.

3 Likes

Whistleblower or Nutjob news

We report. You react.

https://twitter.com/georebekah/status/1336477795900411904?s=21

1 Like

Omg omg omg guess who is the Last Word on Lawrence tonight?

I mean I’m especially shocked that keeed is taking what they say at face value given his usual skepticism :v::laughing: and yeah fellating was maybe a strong way to phrase, more like “putting any stock in at all” because they’ve demonstrably zero credibility when it comes to investigating government officials

2 Likes

Let’s see more detail (Or filthy lies) on her delay

She thought it was an arrest warrant and was trying to get ready to go to jail. She wanted her kids upstairs to not see mom hauled off.

Still flatly denies the accusation

Points out the judge that signed warrant is sketchy.

…only the shadow knows…

This Napoleonette of Crime can barely use Excel, but nevertheless concocted a way to get arrested and raided in the goldilocks time window of the cops looking bad but of her not getting shot in the face. The girl has moxie, I’ll give her that, still a [redacted] though.

1 Like

I mean it’s more if you read anything Jones writes or listen to anything she says you’re just like, OK, this doesn’t make any sense at all. Like you don’t have to love Donald Trump to hate Rick Wilson.

3 Likes