The Professional Wrestling Thread

I thought they should have had Starks win by DQ or countout so that he gets the ring but not the title and they can have a re-match with an appropriate stipulation.

Also:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1603213564990324736?s=20&t=mpZ9Xf_hOOmJT2OqYG3Llw

This guy made enough of an impression on me that I remember him on AEW Dark in what I guess was his audition.

Let the Action Andretti Era begin!

Mandy Rose fired because WWE was concerned that her subscription site had racy material that would upset sponsors (or maybe a sponsor complained). Not going to link because if you’re not smart enough to find it on your own, you don’t deserve to see her boobies.

Really hope that this women’s match is good.

Outstanding match.

Could do without the Saraya music at the end.

She might as well go full OF now. Saw nothing that would warrant being fired imo

Probably the first good women’s singles match in over a year. Hayter/Shida/Deeb/Athena are about the only ones I trust to put on a decent match. Athena’s been off doing her own thing for some reason, but should be in the picture for the main belt. Toni Storm’s been a big disappointment and Thunder Rosa’s reign was mediocre. Statlander being injured as well isn’t great for the division. I’m not optimistic that Saraya will ever put on a good match and hasn’t seemed great on the mic either (except for one promo w/Britt).

it’s a pg company, even having the account should be a clear firing

joke is on wwe though, she made more money with that than working for the wwe

but that won’t last long, she won’t be in the news after this

I get the impression that maybe they asked her to tone it down and she refused. I can see how they wouldn’t be fond of the implied penetration naked shower pic with her boyfriend.

Oh no! Was watching the new OSW review and I did not know that Ted fucking Dibiase was involved in that Brett Farve welfare scam.

Super great morals there, reverend million dollar man.

Fucking ugggh

Million Dollar Man taking his gimmick way too seriously

it’s a gimmick I got a better appreciation of lately than vs back then

I mean you got, linda mcmahon barking like a dog, rob van dam kissing his foot for $100, or the time he had some young black kid dribble a ball and right before he would’ve gotten the money kicked it away simple and good heat stuff. That wouldn’t happen today of course but bad guys are supposed to do bad things.

Another excellent watch, although I don’t know why the fans voted on a Nitro instead of PPV. The PPVs just seem like a bigger deal. I wish they’d do quicker updates though. Seems like sometimes it takes 2 months for another big update.

It’s kinda sad how bad NWO got so quickly. This was their go home Nitro (I think) for their biggest match ever, Hogan-Sting, and it was freaking terrible.

https://twitter.com/PWMania/status/1606523798827810816

https://twitter.com/RealMikeTenay/status/1608890721138012166

Vince McMahon, the founder and controlling shareholder of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (“WWE” or the “Company”) (NYSE: WWE), announced today that he has taken necessary actions to position the Company to capitalize on a unique opportunity to maximize long-term value for all WWE shareholders. The actions, communicated to WWE’s Board of Directors today via written consent, include the election to the Board of Mr. McMahon, as well as Michelle Wilson and George Barrios – former WWE Co-Presidents and Board members, and currently the Co-Founders and Co-CEOs of Isos Capital Management – and the requisite removal from the Board of three directors. Mr. McMahon expects to assume the role of Executive Chairman of the Board.

Mr. McMahon’s new role will enable unified decision making through the Company’s upcoming media rights negotiations and a parallel full review of the Company’s strategic alternatives, which Mr. McMahon believes is the right course of action and in the best interests of WWE and WWE shareholders amidst the current dynamics in the media and entertainment industry. As Mr. McMahon has communicated to the Board, he believes there is a narrow window of opportunity to create significant value for all shareholders and that to do so, the strategic alternatives review must occur in tandem with the media rights negotiations. He also expressed to the Board that he believes these two initiatives require Mr. McMahon’s direct participation, leadership, and support as controlling shareholder.

:vince:

And he’s back

Internet seems to be on fire with rumours of WWE being bought by Saudi PIF

Well, I was going to watch the Rumble. I definitely won’t if this is true.

Same. End of an era for me.