The Professional Wrestling Thread

well if this just all ends up with hangman/the elite vs punk/wardlow/FTR and the entire dark order sent to the abyss that is ROH I’ll take it

Who are Punk’s main allies in all of this, Mox and some other former WWE guys? Does EVPs just refer to The Elite mainly and does most of the company hate them? Sounds like Punk isn’t much of a fun of MJF either, but can’t blame a guy for trying to get paid when he’s clearly the biggest star in the company and was probably getting paid way less than Malakai Black.

My hope for The Acclaimed is that they add a female member to their stable (doesn’t matter if it’s a manager or wrestler) and come back even more over and eventually win back the belts. The promos write themselves with the female member asking to be scissored.

Swerve was a great natural heel in the presser. I think he could be a big singles star if they let him. And Keith Lee would be a great challenger for a guy like Wardlow. You could realistically have a long match.

well publically FTR has, who’s loose group doesn’t have a leader… I’m sure punk is paid way more than black though, probably tops, he’s just always been hard to deal with backstage his entire career. but that clashes hard with the Elite (yeah that’s who he was referring to) style where it’s been more of a kliq themselves.

punk’s the biggest draw and knows it so we’ll see what tony does (who was just sitting there like the weak man he is through all of that presser which this stuff always happens eventually under weak or dysfunctional guys at the top like that)

1 Like

OK thanks for the info.

I was using Black as an example of a mid-card guy who probably way out-earns MJF.

Sounds like if the Kliq and Hogan were in a company together at the height of their powers w/no head honcho to keep them in line.

This reads to me like someone is getting fired over this.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1567240582468358144

1 Like

If The Elite don’t reenact this scene tomorrow, what are we even doing here? Bonus points if Nick Jackson has a visibly injured eye and Kenny has a visible bite mark but Matt Jackson denies the injuries. Bonus bonus points if they make Sting redo his part.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Dunno how legit this is:

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/09/07/aew-members-receive-suspensions-altercation-cm-punk-kenny-omega

Once Punk exited the press room, he exchanged words in a locker room with Omega and the Bucks, which led to a physical altercation. Punishment for that backstage fight, Sports Illustrated has learned, will include suspensions for every person involved. The list of those receiving suspensions includes Omega, Matt and Nick Jackson, Pat Buck, Christopher Daniels, Michael Nakazawa, and Brandon Cutler. Multiple sources have shared that Punk and Ace Steel will either be among those suspended, or will no longer be with the company by the end of Wednesday. Punk met with Khan on Tuesday, so the two had an opportunity to discuss how that exit could be handled.

Meltzer confirms.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1567545935873581056

well ace steel snap fired obviously at the very minimum, if punk or omega or the bucks or all of them are fired that’s amazing, sure you’re the top draw (punk) or EVP’s of the company but I’m not putting up with your shit anymore

also at least gotta let Cutler/Nakazawa/other guys who are just there cause they’re the EVP’s pals go even if they had nothing to do with this, they were just taking space and gotta send a message. (it’d be hard not to fire them all really though just to not deal with this crap again)

only in wrestling do we have someone publically talking shit about executive vice presidents, the executive vice presidents then take it upon themselves to confront said employee, then said employee starts throwing fists and it’s a melee. Like could you imagine a fortune 500 company this happening in lmao.

In the last two weeks we’ve read Kingston getting suspended cause he got so butthurt over being called fat (which he sorta is, he looks like a mechanic not a wrestler, which is part of his appeal i suppose) and Thunder Rosa broke Hayter’s nose and got heat for that was hiding in the bathroom afraid of retailiation and also people don’t wanna work with her (but she’s injured so that cleared that up for now).

and it’s being reported that is way worse backstage than we even know about–everyone hates each other it turns out

LMAO

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1567608264443006982

did he just lose a ufc fight to kenny omega or one of the bucks? lolololol
oh it’s from the moxley match figures

this whole title shit they did was awful, didn’t make sense and has it’s appropriate conclusion

MJF is gonna have a field day though with this in a promo so there’s that at least

AEW’s chief legal officer reportedly witnessed the fight. It sounds like everyone who was in the room has been put on the equivalent of administration leave, pending investigation.

That Steel and Punk were not suspended in the same batch of news seems meaningful to me. His claim that Hangman’s promo endangered the PPV suggests he was mad enough about it to threaten walking away. He absolutely seems like the kind of guy who will threaten to quit if he gets any punishment that he thinks he doesn’t deserve, so the lack of suspension suggests to me that he may have made exactly that sort of threat and Khan is trying to figure out a compromise.

Trios titles and AEW title vacated.

Match tonight for the former. Three-week tournament for the latter.

punk is injured so he doesn’t have to get suspended right now but you’re right on him willing to walk over any perceived slight, even though that steel guy can’t come back in that building ffs (but he’s punks pal so here we are)

I would’ve just pretended the trios title never happened and delete it forever. It just doesn’t go with tag titles much.

I know NJPW started having both recently his but bleh no

1 Like

The trios title is fine, but they should have started off their trios division by stealing CHIKARA’s King of Trios concept, with a large tournament bringing in some teams through the Forbidden Door. (I’ve never watched CHIKARA, but it sounds interesting. Was anyone here into it?) AEW’s DNA seems to be part ROH, part CHIKARA.

I can’t stop laughing.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AngeGold/status/1567650072220864512?s=20&t=xFiD0MGQs7BRwPFbTwB40w

2 Likes

Outstanding show.

1 Like