The Professional Wrestling Thread

30 years ago today. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Watch the Black kid sprinting to the rail as Nick Patrick counts three, it still gives me chills.

https://twitter.com/monsoonclassic/status/1554407088188784640

1 Like

Did the right thing by not talking

Pretty funny to see mainstream outlets like People and Parade covering the Rousey “suspension” as if its real

Battle of the Belts 1 and 2 have been garbage, I had high hopes for 3 when the first matched was announced as Claudio v. Takeshita, which will be epic, but the other 2 are Wardlow v. Lethal, which is a bit compelling, but probably drawing slim to be a great match, and Thunder v. Hayter, which seems weird b/c Hayter has virtually been a jobber, but they’re both solid workers, so it has potential.

Main negative is that a title change seems extremely unlikely given the challengers.

What’s a bit odd to me is that they keep introducing new AEW belts, but they’re now prominently featuring ROH title matches on AEW programming, so it seems like belt overload. Like PAC won the All-Atlantic Belt 6 weeks ago and we haven’t heard a peep from him since. They could’ve just given him an ROH belt instead of introducing another unnecessary belt.

Dark has shown a couple of PAC title defenses in RevPro.

You’re not getting the full AEW experience if you’re not watching their YouTube shows.

I suppose not, but even Rampage has been slipping in quality, and I find myself fast-forwarding through most of it so I don’t see myself checking in on Dark/Elevation. If I increase my time watching wrestling it’d probably be to what’s going on in HHH’s WWE from time to time.

I just check out specific wrestlers on Dark/Elevation. Commenters post timestamps so it’s easy to skip to matches. I might not watch the entire match, but I’ll always watch a Max Caster rap. Various Japanese wrestlers passing through. Abadon. The Wingmen. Interesting indie wrestlers being brought in as enhancement talent. More than one women’s match on a card.

That’s not a bad idea.

Abadon intrigued me and I wondered why she never get more than like 1 match on TV last year.

Abadon is weirdly popular on the internet, it seems, but her gimmick doesn’t really fit in with the main TV product that makes some effort to present wrestling as sport. She’s only been wrestling for three years and the Cagematch database has her at less than 100 matches, so she’s still pretty green. Plus, she’s 5’0".

There’s not really room for her to make it onto TV since they only seem to do one women’s match for most shows. She should probably stay on YouTube until they are ready to give her a sustained push or an angle. She’s not the person you bring in for matches to showcase her opponent.

Here’s last week’s matches:

Elevation:
0:00 Julia Hart vs LMK
4:18 All Out Preview
5:07 Lelia Grey vs JC
9:00 Angelico,The Blade,The Butcher and Private Party w/Jora Johl vs Waves and Curls,Victor Chase,Julio Cruz and Joey Ace
13:54 Qt Marshall,Nick Comoroto,Aaron Solo and Anthony Ogogo vs T.U.G. Cooper,Bryce Donovan,Bobby Orlando and Brett Gosselin
19:38 Serpentico w/Luther vs Cole Karter
26:38 Athena vs Christina Marie
31:07 Cole Karter Interview
32:32 Emi Sakura,Marina Shafi and Nyla Rose w/Vickie Guerrero vs Toni Storm,Hikaru Shida And Willow Nightingale

Dark:
0:00 “The Trustbusters” Ari Daivari & Slim J vs Logan Cruz & Tyshaun Price
7:22 Willow Nightingale vs Harley Cameron
13:58 Diamanté vs Rocky Radley
19:10 Kc Rocker and Caleb Teninty vs “The factory” Aaron Solo & Nick Comoroto
24:00 Capt. Shawn Dean vs Jonathan Hudson
27:52 Serpentico vs Parker Bourdreaux w/ The Trustbusters
33:30 The Acclaimed vs “The Wingmen” “Pretty” Peter Avalon & Ryan Nemeth
43:06 Pac vs Connor Mills

I am a few weeks behind this, but for Elevation, I’d probably check out at least part of Julia Hart and Leila Grey to see how they are progressing, Serpentico vs Cole Karter, and the women’s trios match. For Dark, I’d check in on the Trustbusters, Willow Nightingale, Serpentico vs Parker Bourdreaux, Acclaimed vs Wingmen, and PAC’s title defense against Connor Mills. The other matches, I might check out long enough to see if the enhancement talent looks interesting.

Serpentico is fucking fun to watch getting manhandled and doing comedy spots.

This was an entertaining one to watch live. QT just shittalked with the crowd the whole time.

How many hours total is the live event? Like 2 hours Dynamite, 1 hour Rampage, and another 2-3 for Dark/Elevation? Also, what’s the order?

at this point I’m just surprised they haven’t had impact or the nwa belt on there yet

in the last month they’ve had what 10 different belts defended somewhere lol from njpw/aew/roh/aaa? and now there’s a trios belt cause why not

where’s the dark/elevation belts? you’re slacking tony

Elevation started at about 6:45 or so. Then live Dynamite. Rampage taping after that went until about 11:15.

1 Like

Christian Cage won the Impact title on the first episode of Rampage.

2 Likes

Yah it’s a bit silly and devalues the belts imo. The new AEW belts were completely unnecessary with all the other promotions’ belts already being defended on AEW shows.

We wish Mr. Laurinaitis luck in his future endeavours

https://twitter.com/reigns_era/status/1556703719743528961?s=21&t=8EGjnZygIpQ0OQUyoTTKCQ

1 Like

Who else is gonna be purged in the Vince’s lackey reckoning?

Kevin Dunn can’t leave soon enough.

2 Likes

His goodbye video should just be 500 camera cuts.

2 Likes

Oh fuck me, is he the dumbass who came up with the “Cut to a new shot every two seconds” concept?

1 Like