The Professional Wrestling Thread

:100:

PG era officially dead + Trips full creative control might be enough to get me back interested. 3 hour Raw blows tho.

So the last 2 Dynamites and Rampages carried the “Fyter Fest” moniker, but that basically means nothing.

This week’s Dynamite was the 2nd worst of 2022 (ave. rating on cagematch) and the 2 Rampages were the worst and 3rd worst of 2022. Really mediocre stuff. Rampage hasn’t really been good for awhile. I fast forwarded thru everything but the rap battle and any relevant storyline stuff.

ROH card looks pretty good though:

• ROH World Championship Match: Jonathan Gresham vs. Claudio Castagnoli
  • ROH Tag Team Championship 2 of 3 Falls Match: FTR vs. The Briscoes
  • ROH World Television Championship Match: Samoa Joe vs. Jay Lethal
  • ROH Pure Championship Match: Wheeler Yuta vs. Daniel Garcia
  • ROH Women’s World Championship Match: Mercedes Martinez vs. Serena Deeb
  • ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match: The Righteous vs. Dalton Castle & The Boys
  • Zero Hour Match: Allysin Kay vs. Willow Nightingale

Claudio and FTR should be great and Yuta and Deeb matches have some potential. And I’m intrigued by the Dalton Castle character, but have only seem him once (vs. Gresham on AEW a couple months ago).

Hoping the next Dynamite will be significantly better (I’ll be there live).

3 Likes

Live Dynamites are a ton of fun no matter how good the show is. Enjoy!

Starks vs Danhausen should be fun.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1551564692660920323?s=20&t=sRMHy9YI2cCQy84Z6DOanA

That’s illegal.

1 Like

SUPER illegal

Stealing from the poor isn’t a big deal. Stealing from the rich… tsk tsk tsk Vince.

Guys guys guys maaaaaaybe he just used the wrong ledger code on the transactions and this is all just a simple misunderstanding.

1 Like

:vince1:

Surprisingly decent card for this, still not worth $35 imo.

I laughed at seeing 2 random NJPW guys I’ve never heard of

“Last match”

15 years after his first last match

Uemura is a recent replacement for Clark Connors.

Narita appeared once on AEW Dark.

You think they’d use Flair to put someone over but apparently he’s gonna win because why the fuck would he lose in his (probably not) last match?

Flair will come back at 80 if he’s still alive then.

What I’m going to live tonight. In ring should be fine, but the outcome of every single match outside of Dante/Sammy seems very obvious.

(Also feel like Dante/Sammy isn’t necessary and will only take time away from other matches)

2 Likes

Enjoy. Don’t forget your “Unstuck Politics” sign!

1 Like

6 Likes

He’s not working for a company so he doesn’t need to put anyone over here, unless it was to put his son in law over but he’s teaming with him here so that’s fine. Go over Jeff Jarrett, everyone’s happy it doesn’t matter