The Professional Wrestling Thread

So one of the Pauls is on the card? Is that right?

Yep. He’s teaming with The Miz against the Mysterios.

Goddamnit it that was actually a pretty good match.

1 Like

A 57-year old in your main event!

1 Like

He actually performed a lot better than I would’ve expected.

Ive been in and out on Wrestling over the last decade or so and mostly been out but when there is buzz about a PPV or a tv show ill tune in. I gotta say last nights 1st day of Wrestlemania is probably the first full PPV ive watched that I really enjoyed that made me want to tune in for more.

1 Like

I’ve gotten a little bit back into WWE the last few years, but every time I watch I wonder why because the product, storytelling, predictability, etc., has been painfully bad for a while. Last night was pretty entertaining, though.

1 Like

I only watch AEW now so maybe I’m too out of the loop, but isn’t the Day 2 card way shittier outside of Brock/Reigns?

Belair, Charlotte, and Cody matches were probably 3 of the 4 matches I was most interested in. Then Austin appearance turned out OK I guess, and Logan Paul actually worked well as a hell.

Night 2, you get 2 complete nothing matches, 2 multi-way tag matches which usually suck, Omos match will probably be a 3rd nothing match. I guess there’s Edge-Styles which could be awesome, and then the Main Event.

It’s such a shame b/c if you made a 3 or 3.5 hour card that featured

-Becky match
-Charlotte match
-Cody match
-Logan Paul match
-Styles match
-Brock/Reigns

then maybe a filler match or 2, you might have a top 5 Wrestlemania OAT. As is, it’s just too much of a slog and I feel like these 2-night Wrestlemanias basically have 0 chance of every being epic like the old days.

You’re right, tonight seems pretty meh, outside of the title match. Maybe they thought they needed a stronger card vs the basketball, I don’t know. At least split the women’s title matches.

Plus tonight should have started earlier. I’m a casual fan and I want to see Brock/Reigns, but there’s very little chance I’m staying up until midnight before a work day to do it.

1 Like

This Knoxville match is the most I’ve been entertained by WWE in a long time. I don’t know why I’m enjoying this so much.

McAfee has been hilarious on the mic too.

1 Like

LOL the botched stunner to Vince.

Vince can just claim he was paying homage to his first ever stunner which was nearly as bad as tonights one.

I kinda wish they didnt make the Vince and Pat stuff drag on so long that it became totally obvious that Stone Cold was gonna come out.

After 8 pretty entertaining and creative hours, leave it to WWE to go straight to 20 mins of finisher, kickout, finisher, kickout, finisher, kick out, finisher, kickout, etc. Hope they do something interesting to end this.

Whelp, that was predictably underwhelming, but seeing the card you already knew it couldn’t possibly be a great night.

The 2 best matches being Knoxville and McAfee tells you all you need to know.

Feel the same way.

I mean the big names in WWE today are nothing compared to the Attitude Era.

The big names in WWE today are largely the same ones as the Attitude Era.

4 Likes

There are other big names in WWE like Bad Bunny, Johnny Knoxville, and Logan Paul.

1 Like

Probably should go with another nickname. Also change his ring name back.

https://twitter.com/ntwfperograph/status/1515141903037222915

Thats a paddlin right there.

Holy shit what a dumbass

McAfee clearly hates commentary and is looking to get fired.