The Professional Wrestling Thread

I’m guessing (and I’m not alone in this hypothesis) is that they are preparing themselves for a sale.

That Billy Gunn-Darby match was weird. I think it kinda buried Darby more than anything, and Billy didn’t even know how to sell half of Darby’s moves.

Then the Jade match was a botch-fest. She’s physically very impressive, but still has a ways to go in ring.

I was trying to figure out all the budget cuts then I read this

During the COVID-19 lockdown, WWE paid its dividend instead of using that money to pay the salaries of multiple released wrestlers. Protecting the dividend is important to common shareholders – and to CEO Vince McMahon. His majority ownership of WWE’s Class B shares mean that a full $3.5 million of the $9 million in total dividends WWE pays out every quarter goes straight into McMahon’s own pocket. When faced with a choice between preserving those lucrative dividends for himself and his fellow shareholders, or keeping more employees, McMahon seems to have put himself first.

that’s the reason for budget cuts, so the dividend stays because he gets the money.

but lots of people also think b/c they’ll sell it, which also wouldn’t be surprised

I thought Jade-Velvet was a perfectly fine match despite a few mistakes.

“No one out pizzas the Hut!”

Poor Street Profits, yikes.

The crowd just did the wave during Survivor Series.

the rock’s 25th it’s so special he’s not there doing anything did they even have him talk for a short video clip? lmao

Pft, The Rock isn’t even in the WWE hall of fame

(I know they are trying to entice him into a retirement match and enshrine him then, but still seems crazy)

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1463677457681108994

BTW this whole thing was awesome. It was like 15 minutes. Go check it out.

1 Like

Any show that starts w/a 20 minute MJF/Punk promo is guaranteed to be good.

meanwhile in wwe, seth rollins got taken down by a fan because that fan got fooled by a catfish account on raw (who has now realized this)

and it was a straight up take down–the old days the wrestler would’ve beaten the hell out of that guy

Ugh

they played a poker hand on NXT

so in this story dude lays down a set to a bluff on a four flush board then takes it well by beating the hell out of the guy who bluffed him

well, we’ve all thought about it at least once

2 Likes

So whats the story there?

That NXT sucks?

2 Likes

What they’ve done to NXT over the last 2-ish years is mindblowing.

Trying to push NXT as a third brand was a huge mistake.

https://streamlala.com/dR4oT/

Cody’s fucking nuts.

1 Like

WHAT. Holy shit that happened on Wednesday in TNT lol. What a spot.