The Professional Wrestling Thread

Frankie Monet, Ember Moon, Jessi Kamea, Katrina Cortez, Jeet Rama, Oney Lorcan, Trey Baxter, Zayda Ramier, Scarlett, B-Fab, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, Karrion Kross, Harry Smith, Nia Jax, Eva Marie, Keith Lee, and Mia Yim all released “due to budget cuts.”

1 Like

Feel like AEW should pick up Keith Lee and Ember Moon.

They could use some more POC stars.

A lot of those releases are confusing.

1 Like

And the rest of the women’s locker room breathes a sigh of relief.

1 Like

wow, would not have released scarlett

nia jax needed to be cut years ago

great timing too with ROH uh, retooling

Agree. It seems like they are trying to make a natural effort in diversity: these 2 would instantly help.

other than scarlett not a single one of them are interesting or I’ve never heard of them so not really a surprise

if keith lee is anything other than boring, wwe never let him show it

regardless just fuels more they’re gonna sell rumors

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1456365652474662913

consequences of having vince scream in your ear for 20 years

1 Like

The former and presumably once again AQA can help with that.

What about Metalik and Lince Dorado? Seems like they could do some lucha angles (maybe even a division w/a title a la the luchador era in WCW) and the crowds have been popping for the Mexicans.

I assume we will see them in AEW even if they are not directly signed with them. The AAA partnership seems healthy and mutually beneficial.

1 Like

As for Dynamite, the Inner Circle v. ATT segment continues to be the dumbest thing on TV every week and got even worse/awkward this week. Can’t imagine Arlovski or JDS are gonna be anything but awful and now you throw Lambert into the mix. Hopefully the match at Full Gear doesn’t take up much time. Maybe they just go full comedy match with it?

Kalisto was just there.

He teamed with Aerostar right? Aerostar in Lucha Underground did some of the most wild shit.

1 Like

you’ve got a 50 year old fat out of shape guy, and also dan lambert is in the match, and a former MMA heavyweight champ vs some guy who did it a few times, and another long time MMA pro I mean wtf is this shit.

It’s 5 on 5 so you do have wrestlers and can hide the awful but ugh I don’t get this either.

Yeah, Samuray del Sol.

Some matches aren’t there for the work rate, although maybe the MMA guys have some upside.

The match will be crap, just like the one they did like 2 weeks ago, but also the promos have been super cringe-worthy as well, so it’s a massive fail in every way.

I only caught a few clips

Jericho is just awful right now all of that is like you said super cringy–Lambert is ok

Yah, Lambert seems like a good natural heel manager, just needs a bit of polish.

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1456442219104284697?t=SOaIvvcMfJo7lBIZIGHbmw&s=19

I believe Nia Jax was actually reported as such and consensus seems to be that Kross and Scarlett are likely. Don’t know who else.