The Professional Wrestling Thread

This Andrade/Pac match should be pretty solid.

Confirmed great.

lol the aew announcers are doing a college football recap right before their show on youtube

also JR via his twitter has skin cancer

Twitter causes skin cancer?

First I’ve heard of it. I know it causes brain damage tho.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1453448050467213321

Danhausen to AEW immediately, please Tony K.
https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1453467102367653898

I see Danhausens name all over the place but I know zero about him.

I’ve watched maybe one match of his, enough to see why he appeals to some. As far as I can tell, he has the ability to be a polarizing figure like Orange Cassidy, where the people who love him really love him but the people who hate him really hate him. He’s working some sort of comedy gimmick, which certain types of fans just loathe.

He’s a comedy gimmick that explicitly wrestles for money and fame, who is a very nice but also very evil demon who will curse you for things like not sending him your human money. He’s a fun, goofy character.

1 Like

I’ve always rooted for TNA/Impact to outlive ROH.

ROH definitely was on the decline but didn’t see corporate decide on a full reboot, at least if you’re a wrestling free agent, now is a way better time than it used to be.

Shida - Deeb was a fantastic match! Dynamite as a whole was great.

Finally caught Rampage.

Just loved Danielson-Kingston. The crowd did not abandon Kingston. The crowd is going to go nuts when he gets a token title reign of some sort after a few years of always coming up short.

The altercation between Punk and Kingston drives one thing home. There are a ton of people I want to see Danielson work with. There’s no dream opponent who I want to see Punk wrestle.

Dante Martin can win people over with just his moves. The angle I want to see is Lio Rush wanting to make Martin more marketable by having him drop the BLM armband and Martin refusing.

I won’t say Britt Baker vs Abadon was a great match. It had some great moments, such as Britt not being willing to stick her fingers in Abadon’s mouth. Abadon is a popular act whose gimmick doesn’t quite fit into the AEW house style. Maybe she still needs more seasoning with plenty of Dark matches, but at some point they need to find another gimmick wrestler who she can have a long-running supernatural feud with.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1455739778087931913?t=afYcLbUZyZtj-Fgy0XJLjQ&s=19

1 Like

Anybody here been watching Dark Side of the Ring?

I’ve seen them all of them that are available on Hulu (through the Dynamite Kid episode).

It’s hit or miss.

Honestly, I’m fascinated by most of them.

Some other filmmakers tried a spinoff with The Dark Side of Football but it isn’t dark enough.

Pro wrestling is so insanely over the top in so many ways that little comes close.

This tag team match could be a lot of fun.

jesus they blew it, I look it up and they’re talking about the new cleveland browns in an episode, Belichick, some other stuff when they could use oh idk, say the murderers or plotted murderers for an entire season worth if they wanted to, and OJ Simpson too. ffs

but I guess the best stuff was already done in docs somewhere where wrestling it mostly hadn’t.