The Professional Wrestling Thread

Tony Khan operates on a different level… I guess his thought process is that only hardcore wrestling fans will care and they tune into AEW anyway so might as well put it for free on Youtube?

Imagine being in a coma for the last 2 or 3 years and finding out that Daniel Bryan was fighting on Youtube.

“Geez. He’s on the pre-show? Vince must really hate that guy.”
“Oh no. He’s not with WWE anymore. He’s in that promotion that Cody Rhodes started.”
“Really? So it’s doing well?”
“Yeah. It’s the new hot thing right now. Tons of people jumped ship: Aleister Black, Rusev, The Revival, Adam Cole, Andrade, Matt Hardy, Christian, Dean Ambrose.”
What the fuck?!
“Yeah, they had Luke Harper too, but he died.”
:cry:
“CM Punk is wrestling for them now too. He’s fighting Evan Bourne on the same show.”
“Get the fuck out.”
“Yeah, seriously. And they don’t even care about cross-promoting. Bryan’s fighting Minoru Goddamn Suzuki just because why the fuck not.”
“Holy shit.”

4 Likes

Most exciting time to be a fan in decades.

I’m on the fence about watching Rampage tonight, but I am very ready for this YouTube show.

This American Top Team segment is dull as fuck.

1 Like

Here we fucking go.

That was outstanding. If you missed it, make sure to go back and watch it.

4 Likes

JDS looked beyond awful in the ring too.

The only good thing about this American Top Team invasion or whatever they are doing is that they are going against The Inner Circle, who I also don’t care about. Gets all of the useless stuff out of the way in one segment.

1 Like

Ibushi in the G1 finals again? Ugh.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1450523821753217027

1 Like

Just watched Danielson vs Suzuki finally. What an amazing match! Love the variety of matches we are getting in AEW. These dudes beat the shit out of each other.

While I thouroughly enjoyed the match, I don’t really understand it from the perspective of Danielson or AEW.

Like why would you want to take on a match where you’re taking a ton of punishment and repeated blows to the head? And for AEW, why would they want one of their top stars doing a match like that? Sure they aren’t super hard blows (although maybe a couple are), but I don’t think the accumulation of blows like that can be very healthy. Seems like for Suzuki, who does these matches quite often, he could very likely be looking at some type of long-term health consequences.

Maybe I’m wrong, and these matches aren’t much more dangerous than normal ones (which are already physically taxing), but it seems to me like this style of wrestling can’t be great for the competitors, as entertaining as it is.

1 Like

Nah, he will be dead long before long term consequences affect him.

I know thats dark, but its probably statistically accurate

Ibushi got hurt during the G1 final https://streamable.com/lbogf3

NJPW G1 spoiler

They are just cursed.

But Shibata’s back?

not that it matters but i did laugh at Xavier Woods King of the Ring

Theyre turning Xavier heel?

Dynamite - Pacers - Unreal Hustler Live tonight. I need more screens!

Hopefully you have the audio on the Pacers or on whatever that other thing is. There are way too many commentators, and Jericho sucks at it.

1 Like