The Professional Wrestling Thread

So Braun Strowman is replacing Roman Reigns. Obviously not the plan but I guess they are finally giving Strowman his wwe championship belt. I mean you can’t keep it on Oldberg right?

Narrator:They did

Meh, not really looking forward to it at all.

16 matches and I’m really only interested in about 5 of them.

Totally forgot about this. In for the $10. Lately I just watch mania and the rumble so I have no idea what’s going on, but I’m sure it’s awful

Oh its going to be terrible. Me looking forward to it has more to do with me going crazy. Anyways, some wrestling trivia

1. What wrestler proclaimed Ooohh Yeahhh as he snapped into a Slim Jim?

2. What does Triple H stand for?

3. WrestleMania 13 featured a classic No Disqualification Submission Match between Steve Austin and what original member of the Hart Foundation?

4. What Superbowl legend and newly signed WWE performer is hosting tonight’s WrestleMania 36?

5. What female was the center of a real feud between Matt Hardy and The Edge?

6. What KY sports icon was a guest official at the first WrestleMania?

7. What was the name of the WCW Monday night show that ran from 1995 through 2001, often surpassing RAW in ratings?

8. Known then as the WWF Hall of Fame, who was posthumously the only person inducted into the WWE Hall its first year, 1993?

9. Which of these states DID NOT host WrestleMania II: California, New Jersey, Illinois, New York?

10. What is the name 4 word rhyming name for the steel cage pay per view matches?

11. What 2-time WWE Hall of Fame member also had tenures with the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA), World Championship Wrestling (WCW), the World Wrestling Federation, WWE and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA)?

12. WrestleMania VI was the first to take place outside of the US. What nation was it in?

13. Put in order of when they first won the WWE championship Batista, Cena, CM Punk, Jericho

14. Who has wrestled as Dude Love, Cactus Jack and Mankind?

15. WWE was previously known as WWF, until what non-profit won the rights to that acronym?

16. The no.1 bestselling wrestling shirt of all time is a parody of a bible verse. What does the shirt say?

17. What venue hosted the first WrestleMania?

18. What wrestler used the song Slow Chemical from the band Finger Eleven for entrance music?

19. What was the name of the female pro wrestling legend who was Frankfort, KY native and UK graduate, was Randy Savage’s manager, and housemates with Lex Luger when she died from drugs and alcohol?

20. Who was in the Feature Match vs The Undertaker in WrestleMania 33, vs Triple H in WrestleMania 32 and vs. Brock Lesnar and Seth Rollins in WrestleMania 31?

1. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
  2. Hunter Hearst Helmsley
  3. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
  4. Rob Gronkowski
  5. Lita
  6. Muhammad Ali
  7. Nitro
  8. Andre the Giant
  9. New Jersey
  10. Hell in a Cell
  11. “Nature Boy” Ric Flair
  12. Canada
  13. Jericho, Cena, Batista, Punk
  14. Mick Foley
  15. World Wildlife Fund
  16. Austin 3:16
  17. Madison Square Garden
  18. Kane
  19. Miss Elizabeth
  20. Roman Reigns

Wrestling trivia for babies?

If you want a little more challenging, guy initially screwed up on 13 and said WWE heavyweight championship

Anyone else watching live? Is Michael Cole just going to solo commentate this whole thing? It’s like watching a hyper realistic video game.

I can’t imagine watching live and not being able to fast forward through the boring parts.

Not sure if you know this, but the world is ending and there is literally nothing else on or anything to do. :slight_smile:

Take a nap and watch it later?

Damn. Word on the sheets is the Miz showed up to a taping with illness symptoms and Roman said “Fuck this” and noped out (which is totally the right move by Reigns.)

What a royal fuck up by Miz. I really like the guy, but that’s super shitty

Women’s tag title match was just kind of there. Hot tags are less exciting if there is no audience to pop for them.

FF through Elias/Corbin and most of KO vs Rollins. These matches are why I don’t watch live.

Really dug the endings for Lynch/Baszler and the ladder match.

I liked that Bryan/Zayn left plenty of room for the feud to continue.

Strowman/Goldberg was just there. Not offensive, but not special.

Boneyard match was fun, but nowhere near as fun as the Final Deletion.

I hope they do more with the 24/7 title on night 2.

This Firefly Funhouse Match is incredible.

Show as a whole was about what I expected. Though I appreciate them doing something creative with boneyard and firefly. Going to also be weird the first time we see basketball without a crowd, but wrestling in particular really needs a crowd. Shame both big title matches were just finisher spams, but that was expected too. Would have liked to see Rhea win, but whatever. She’s 23 and going to be a superstar. Gives something for Charlotte to do.

So I just read the results of the firefly funhouse match.

Wat?

Firefly Funhouse match was great. I really dug the women’s fiveway match, mainly because of Bayley’s talking throughout. Last man standing was a match that dragged between two guys I don’t care about. Rhea Ripley’s outfit seemed weird, but apparently it is an homage to her favorite Dragon Ball Z character.

Also, lol at rumors that WWE plans on having a secret taping in an undisclosed location in a state currently under lockdown. Kinda hope that they get caught. I’d narc on them if I knew where it was talking place.

An interesting article on the Firefly Funhouse match:

I recommend pretty much all of Brandon’s writings on wrestling. I’ve been following him since the ProgressiveBoink days. Incredibly talented.

I was not prepared for this.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1250790077854334981

His last public appearance:

1 Like