The Professional Wrestling Thread

The crowd was gonna chant “CM Punk!” until he came out so send him out at the start, makes sense.

1 Like

would’ve marked hard for cult music but it’s MJF–talks a bit, leaves, everyone boos but as they’re about to riot, they go to the back a limo arrives, commerical break, come back then cm punk

I was sports entertained.

1 Like

This show got any more moments in it, or is it going to be a pretty pedestrian second half?

WWE countered with edge playing broods music and what I guess we’re supposed to think was dark blood dumped on Seth Rollins.

first time in a long time wwe is somewhat threatened, the idea of letting wrestlers go so the other company pays too much for them and breaks the company, well tony doesn’t care about that so idk. They’re going back to the old formula it seems and just assume they’ll stay ahead. We’ll see I guess.

btw–they really did get cm punk ice cream bars

probably not even close to true but did laugh at the sign on the right

1 Like

With Punk back, what are the odds that we get an AJ Lee return?

She retired due to spinal damage. Sure, someone like Edge came back, but I expect her wrestling days are firmly over.

She’d have a lot of value as a manager imo.

Yeah I was thinking more this.

1 Like

Am I alone in thinking that the volume AEW uses for entrance music is way too low? Maybe it was normal and the hot crowd was just drowning it out, but I would’ve liked to hear Cult a bit better. Seems like the volume is much higher in WWE.

It’s a common complaint, I think they just use the audience mics to pick up the entrance music like the UFC and boxing do to make it seem like a more legit combat sport.

1 Like

I’ve read it’s an issue on TNTs feed. International feeds sound fine.

1 Like

I guess I’ll tune in to Summerslam tonight but it’s hard to care after last night.

I might put it on in the background.

After Roman/Cena and Bianca/Sasha, my interest falls off a cliff.

You’re telling me you aren’t excited for Goldberg Lashley in 2021 /s

What the heck is a Nilki A.S.H. and why does she have a title?

Wait its a 2 night thing?

Wait it is???

The announcer just said people will be talking about what happens here these next two nights.

Oh wait, is there an NXT thing tomorrow?