The Professional Wrestling Thread

I remember seeing him wearing a trans flag shirt when he was in AEW, so I’d put him firmly on that side.

Ah. Well, that’s cool. I’ll put Punk in the “glad your politics don’t suck, but you still seem like an asshole” bin.

Thought he was a Born-again Christian.

He still is, as far as I know. That’s not fundamentally incompatible at all with being anti-racist, though unfortunately it seems like a massive number of Christians never got that memo.

He seems to have travelled the reverse path — from complete POS to, from most accounts, a truly decent human being. Although getting off the pills can probably take most of the credit.

Looooool…racism=fine, making fun of Trump=dead to me

So I wrote this piece about Trump at the intersection of pro wrestling and politics, but it seems that a video has just surfaced of Hulk Hogan trashing Trump and therefore they booted him from the lineup.

Amazing.

Fake news brother, Hulkster’s doing the intro right now.

Well, how could I possibly have known that, I don’t hate myself enough to actually watch that shit :smile:

1 Like

Going to Slammiversary tonight.

Told my dad I was going to a wrestling show and he said “Oh, what are you seeing? WWE? WCW?”

Me: “WCW?!

2 Likes

WCCW?

AWA?

MId-South?

The UWF?

1 Like

3 Likes

Fun show.

Happy for Ziggler, but the air got taken out of the crowd a bit after Hendry got eliminated.

Understandable that they don’t want to give Hendry the championship since he’s very obviously jumping to WWE the second his contract is up but it’s also kind of crazy to not make one of the most over people in the company champ.

They may have been required to give Nemeth the title now.

While watching I was thinking “this has Glacier energy” and the comment section did not fail me:

The lighting configuration makes me think there were only a few hundred people in attendance.

They held it in an esports arena, so that’s probably not far off.

So Tony Khan met with Shane McMahon? Why? What does Shane offer?

How many 50+ year olds do you know who can do a coast to coast?

Or have their quads explode in the middle of a match?

I originally typed 60+ because im dumb and Vince seems ancient even though he is only in his 70s

At the very beginning of a match IIRC. That’s part of what made that especially funny. Usually with a mid-match injury you can just find a way to go home early. In that case, WTF are we even going home from? The match hasn’t really started.

Yeah I think it was on the very first irish whip.

Miz and Snoop ad-libing was pretty well done considering the circumstances.

You think weak quads are genetic?