The Professional Wrestling Thread

I like how tilting a thumbnail can be all on its own even though I don’t hate myself enough to have clicked on the video itself.

MITB spoiler:

The utter denial by Gorilla and Piper that Slaughter just won the title is a remarkably fun choice. Unfortunately this clip cuts off before the funny moment when they absolutely lose their shit when Finkel confirms the result they definitely just watched.

That reminds me of the most ridiculous interview Slaughter did a few years ago, where he claimed that the finish was a botch because Warrior was legit knocked out with glass sticking out of his forehead from the sceptre shot, and the match was supposed to go another ten minutes. Just a prime example of wrestlers spewing bullshit just to hear themselves do it.

It wouldn’t be surprising if Slaughter made that call on the fly thinking that Warrior was legit knocked out. I mean normally his matches would finish with the camel clutch, not some lame ass elbow drop. But Warrior or a booker probably would’ve confirmed that if true.

Fucking hell. This is going to make that WrestleMania IV promo less funny to me.

Ana Cabrera on X: “FIRST TO NBC: Two senior campaign officials confirmed that Hulk Hogan will speak tonight at the RNC convention ahead of former President Trump formally accepting the GOP nomination for President of the United States.” / X

“I wanted to accept the nomination from the Republicans but I thought I wasn’t right for it. So, I recommended my friend Donald Trump to them!”
-Hulk Hogan

2 Likes

If he backstrokes off the stage, I’ll laugh my ass off.

Otherwise, fuck that guy.

2 Likes

I’m setting a higher bar. Hogan has to fully go back to that promo by calling on Trump to throw away all of his worldly possessions and climb onto Hogan’s back.

2 Likes

Ah good, who else to introduce an entitled, overrated racist than another entitled, overrated racist.

Im just hoping for a single “Yapapai” or “Its not hot!”

1 Like

I think the strongest common thread is that they both have the INSANE compulsive liar trait. Like obviously there’s a ton of generally dishonest people out there who are willing to lie and deceive at an unacceptable rate, but with these two clowns you get a lot closer to a literal “they’re lying if their lips are moving,” which I think is hopefully pretty rare across humanity as a whole.

(I actually don’t think Hogan is overrated as a wrestler. But him being a piece of shit has been clear for a while.)

While this is likely true, the big problem with the rarity is that it seems to be concentrated almost entirely within the ruling class.

Yes, though I still tend to draw a distinction between generally dishonest sorts (see: Mitch McConnell) and people who would randomly blurt out a lie for the fun of it if you asked them what day of the week it was (see: Trump). If the person doesn’t truly matter (Hogan), the latter trait is honestly a little funny to me, but yeah it’s really bad when it’s someone in a meaningful leadership post.

I don’t actually think that Hogan speaking at this thing is helpful to Trump or anyone, so it doesn’t really matter. It’s just a gross association.

I saw this earlier:

Flair has been openly GOP forever, so that’s probably a no.

The Rock would’ve been a better reference in that tweet, but even that’s questionable.

Yeah, “questionable” is probably putting it kindly to The Rock, since he publicly announced that he wouldn’t repeat his prior action of endorsing against Trump since that was too divisive of him and then gave an interview on Fox News that griped about “woke culture.” I suppose he kept what he was doing to a wink and nod, but not a subtle one.

If there’s a Hogan kayfabe association to someone who is actually probably opposed to Trump then I guess it’d be Kevin Nash? Which…no thanks.

What leftist wrestlers exist? John Cena? MJF posted something in support of LGBT once

Jim Cornette could cut an awesome promo on Trump

Foley for sure. Punk? Danielson?

I mean I don’t know much about Punk’s views, but this shirt is a tell.

Foley
Cornette
Prob punk
Sami zayn
Prob Danielson
Nash a little

Shawn Michaels may exist in a grey area.

According to a report by Fightful, Shawn Michaels got into a heated debate (that has also been described as “more of a discussion than an argument”) with a fellow producer backstage about racial inequality and the current social climate.

Over the past weekend at NXT TakeOver: In Your House, the unnamed second party was heard exclaiming that “everyone already gets treated the same.” According to the report, that set HBK off instantly, and HBK was said to break down systematic prejudice and inequality to the offending party.

2 Likes