The Professional Wrestling Thread

The wrestling is mostly meh, but that’s because the stars don’t wrestle a lot on TV. They’ve been on fire with the non-wrestling segments, though.

1 Like

Not even thinking about it because this weekend is EclipseMania.

You’re in the path of totality as well?

I am, but isn’t that just Monday?

Yeah, but I have friends coming up (none are into wrestling).

No idea. Wake me when Raw is two hours again.

Watching night 1. Killer Uso v Uso package followed up by the worst musical guest performance ever.

Pearl Habror from the front!

Obviously Im lapsed as hell, but Gunther is an incredible pro wrestler

Note from my son during Cody’s entrance:

Whos the guy that looks like Homelander but less Fascy?

That was pretty fun.

That was a lot of fun. Avengers: Endgame come to life.

Co-signed. Tremendously fun. Night 1 was meh, but basically the whole night 2 was really strong.

Agreed. Just finished. Really fun main, on the replay you can see a huge smile on Roman’s face following the third CrossRhodes.

So, I assume they are starting to angle more towards a Tv 14 product after this? A lot of cursing making it through to air, weed and alcohol references throughout. 5-6 year olds in the middle of the PG era should be coming into their early 20s.

Lol Cody with the ultra babyfacing of hugging the camerapeople.

Also, prominent NFL fan of the year Tom Grossi placement while Cody talks to (the very ineffective) Rollins after the match.

Agreed with this. The Lashley match was mostly unneeded but was still fun. Other than that, there wasn’t a bad match.

I kinda got back into the story and followed it in the build up to Mania. I know they fell into it rather than it being the plan but i really enjoyed this Rock run as heel. The payoff last night was great. Easily my favourite Mania in a long time.

Fun footage of the last ten minutes or so from Grossi in the second row.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1778231690726670364?t=QTD_wFTsJ2nRcXU01UXsfA&s=19

Honestly didn’t realize this was in the offing, but I’m glad that Mick Foley is a lot more level-headed than Ric Flair about this sort of thing. It will be one of the most pleasant two-outers ever if Foley somehow lives to old age with a sound mind.

2 Likes