The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

A lot of conservatives just don’t vote in the Senate race. And the Republicans who do vote just vote not-Feinstein and don’t pay much attention.

Grapes of Wrath still in effect.

Do you have a citation for any of this? Seems plausible at least

I know the Senate race had an undervote, where significantly more people voted in other races. People sitting out general elections between two members of the other party seems like the best explanation. My guess is someone has run the number to show that there are undervotes when a jungle primary results in two members of the party facing off.

1 Like

Probably a combination of sexism and recognizing and disliking Feinstein and not knowing who de Leon was, so they accidentally voted more progressive.

Is Schiff conservativish? Agreed with the rest of your post, and I’m more familiar with his positions on Trump accountability than normal issues, but I would have guessed him to be well left of Pelosi and Feinstein, and less corporate friendly than Schumer

On the overall left-right continuum, he’s close to Matt Cartwright, who I assume you are familiar with, but I don’t know about specific issue areas.

Knew Cartwright was from PA but that’s about all I knew. He keeps a pretty low profile, it seems.

Did…did you just call Feinstein a tree?

Eta: apparently my pony has been returned to the earth and has now fertilized a tree.

5 Likes

Example of progressive ranking (progressive punch) is 127th in Congress. Other rankings more or less agree. His positions include supporting M4A, but I don’t know about his voting record. I think pretty center of DemEs. Maybe to the left a little on some things. He has co-sponsored anti-bds legislation, which is not really to the right of DemEs, just in line.

Left of Feinstein is just about every Dem. I don’t know about left of Pelosi.

1 Like

Schiff is one of 15 California members of the New Democrat Coalition.

Let’s turn this up.

darkb4darkb1
darkb11darkb12
darkb5darkb6

11 Likes

:vince3:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1557543862037618688?s=20&t=F1AWP2znF8XsWHGvGXQmZg

i read the headline and i’m like, “privately? why do they need to do it pri-- ohhh right we have a president who doesn’t watch every cable tv news show every day, ok, yeah i guess you would just tell him privately, then”

2 Likes

I think we’re better off with a president who doesn’t watch cable news.

I do agree with the comparisons to Lincoln’s “house divided”.

Moved the carbon / energy / climate change discussion into the climate thread. Just an FYI if you see your posts missing from here.

9 Likes

I truly hate her

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/1557773736576618496?s=21&t=Bjr6TmdXovpPpPWhgQSBfA

you need to work on channeling at higher priority things

3 Likes

How does anyone read this and not conclude that Hillary was a chump?

Hello

2 Likes