The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

I say this drinking my 3 shot americano that I brew to be as strong as possible so what do I know?

Also, that reminds me, I need some energy drinks for my night shift coming up.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to find a good energy drink that isnā€™t straight poison. I never drink red bull, monster, bang, or any of those crazy things. But my fatigue level has been debilitating lately. Have found RIOT Tea to be palatable and the ingredients seem far better than the other brands, but Iā€™m open to suggestions if you know of any good ones. Might need to move this tea derail out of the lolJoe thread though.

In one of my channels, we had a big blowup over a guy that proudly proclaimed heā€™d never had tea in his life.

buddy I put that poison straight into my veins at 1am to stay up until 8am. Itā€™s the sacrifice I make to the night shift gods twice per month.

1 Like

I grew up in a very non-tea drinking house, looking back I donā€™t think I had a single cup of tea until college, so it sounds plausible to me!

1 Like

I know when I am in the ER late at night, I always ask the receptionist to make sure I get the doctor whoā€™s on an IV drip of Red Bull. Keeps things interesting!

Although probably less interesting than the doctor who canā€™t stay awake.

Insert sad comment on American healthcare system and the demands it places on doctors and nurses here.

Trust me at 3am you want me well caffeinated. Itā€™s not too bad though. We do a fair division of night shifts in my group. I prefer everything about nights other than how it affects my family honestly. If it was just me Iā€™d probably go full nocturnist and charge a 20-40% premium for my work.

2 Likes

lots of my medical friends prefer all night shifts, seems nuts to me. I worked graveyards on the boat for several years. itā€™s easier than the equivalent of my day shifts would have been at the time, but it wreaked havoc on my health and relationships.

What are you drinking? The caffeine in 100 oz of these range from 50-210 mg, about 40-62% the amount in a grande coffee from Starbucks.

The numbers arenā€™t for zero cal, but I know at least with Arizona the amount of caffeine is the same in zero cal and regular.

1 Like

Celsius tastes decent. not sure about the nutritional aspect of it but looking at the label it doesnā€™t seem terrible

1 Like

Making my own iced tea from local tea blend shops was such a life level up. The difference between it and store bought is insane.

I think weā€™ve accidentally discovered the secret to how you can stay awake for 3 days straight

13 Likes

I agree. I didnā€™t drink hot tea until I moved to China at 26.

100% agreed. Homemade iced tea is so much better than any store bought tea.

2 Likes

Itā€™s Turkey Hill Diet Green Tea Mango Iced Tea. Smaller regional brand.

Yeah I did this during 2020 and loved it, I found a good brand of tea online. But it does take time, so I had stopped and returned to store bought. But itā€™s better and healthier - Stevia > their sweeteners.

I probably accidentally consumed LESS caffeine in that stretch, canā€™t bring iced tea on planes.

I just make a huge batch every few days before bed. Takes like 3 minutes, wait for 10 minutes, put batch in fridge.

I thank the genetic gods for letting me be content with just drinking water. Drinking 100oz of any flavored beverage just sounds insane to me.

4 Likes

Yeah I was doing that every night.

1 Like

Which is still $100 more than last year. Great messaging.

Must be playing in the bathroom though.

1 Like