The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

Yeah, Lieberman was terrible. Even the best of the eDems are not great.

It has always been my contention that New Democrats taking the socially liberal economic conservative/moderate path was effectively choosing non-progressive white elites over non-progressive white working class and Dems would be in a much better place if carving out a “third way” had instead involved economic liberal socially conservative/moderate stances.

Mildly hot take: economically left mainstream political party was doomed after Taft-Hartley. Do I dare @Sabo? I do.

Might have been doomed after the Civil Rights Act of 1964, cutting off the potential for passing economically left stuff if you let Southerners keep their racism, but I’m not sure we would want that compromise.

Just another (first major?) example of Dems turning the gun around and inserting the barrel directly into their collective mouth.

The standard explanation of Taft Hartley is that Southern Democrats, concerned about labor’s ability to organize African-Americans, joined Republicans to override Truman’s veto.

It’s really hard to pass liberal stuff without getting the votes of whites who care a lot about being able to do racism.

Gore was the first and last establishment shitlib I voted for. Watching them gracefully fold like paper to election-stealing fascists, all in the name of this fake honor code bullshit, wasn’t something I was ever gonna VoTe HaRdEr for. Wind-sailing John Kerry, what a candidate they’ve got there. Obama was a terrible president, a trap that many fell for, but ranks better due to the bar actually being that low. The part where he kept trying to NeGoTiAtE with Republicans like a short-circuited Westworld character can’t be unseen. Lol Hillary, enough said. Biden has to be a bottom quartile president and is doing exactly what I said he would do (absolutely nothing).

The most bizarre part is that people think anything is actually going to change. It would be like going to a puppet show and thinking, hey, maybe at any moment now the marionette will cut itself loose from the puppet master’s hand and start acting autonomously. And then paying to see the same show over and over again hoping maybe this time is the time it happens.

11 Likes

That’s a perfect analogy.

The eDems are desperate to find a compromise because they don’t want to see analogies to the 1850s.

Note that these fucking assholes can and do act very quickly to do the things they’re actually there to do, namely give your money to rich people and corporations. Nvidia has a market cap of $430 billion, what the fuck are we doing here.

1 Like

Isn’t this bill intended to boost domestic chip production? Currently Taiwan produces most of the world’s microchips if I am not mistaken. Why that is a problem should be obvious.

I’M CEREAL!!!

EDIT: Man did the ManBearPig episode age terribly

South Park has always had garbage center-right politics.The whole show has aged like milk.

1 Like

LOL so Intel and Nvidia need your money to build factories?

Do you think they are going to build factories out of the goodness of their hearts?

1 Like

Maybe NFL franchises shopping for cities willing to pay for new stadiums are a good analogy? The chip guys have us by the balls rn. History says they will take the best deal they can get but not necessarily follow through if a better one comes along in a year or two.

Apparently, they did an episode with Al Gore later that revisited it called “Time to get Cereal”. Kind of their way of a mea culpa I guess.

As for their politics being center-right, I still think Team America: World Police is hilarious and I make a point of watching it every fourth of July.

Well, they have to build factories to sell their products.

If you don’t like that chips aren’t being built in USA #1, I can think of a few solutions before resorting to “literally giving them an amount roughly equal to the cost to feed every hungry person in America.” Like, oh, just fucking nationalizing the industry right alongside insulin production.

And the point is that eDem hand wringing over OH MY GOD WE WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU WE JUST CANT DO IT GOSH DARN RULES is being exposed as farcical nonsense yet again. They pulled this together in like 4 days. Republicans obviously want this, they could have attached all kinds of stuff that would actually help people out and it would still pass. They chose not to.

2 Likes

Good luck with that.

You should add the qualifier “for straight white males” to the better place statement.