The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

https://twitter.com/OccupyDemocrats/status/1421258694419877891?s=19

Wow Trump OWNED by Biden! Really got him good

15 Likes

Will all these olds please just stop. Boomers!

Im not even 40 and I canā€™t wait to peace out and spend my days staring at the ocean, Diane Feinstein and Merrick Garland and Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are all over twice my age. Pathological

7 Likes

Itā€™s a pipe dream here in 2021 though right?

Yours maybe but not most of ours. If I went on strike the owners would not notice. Or theyā€™d notice that nothing much changed and start wondering. The bourgeoise deal from the owners is always ā€˜weā€™ll give you a bullshit job with no heavy lifting and not ask too hard about what youā€™re actually doing and in return you donā€™t ask us too hard where all the money goes.ā€™

Did you read ā€œBullshit Jobsā€?

True, but Iā€™m a coward, and a selfish asshole. They bought me off cheaply but Iā€™m still too afraid to lose the material comfort I have especially when Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m convinced that a better world is possible anymore. I am sorry about it though. But not sorry enough to change my ways.

3 Likes

Reminds me of a chapter in The Armchair Economist by Steven Landsburg that I think takes the opposite view of bullshit jobs.

Note: tbf, snippet is out of context-- heā€™s describing what happens in a simple model he constructed.

1 Like

Graeber isnā€™t necessarily saying that thereā€™s no other purpose to BS jobs. What would happen if there were none? Well, absent something like UBI or much shorter working hours, it would mean a lot of people without anything.

So are we where we have to be with the number of bullshit jobs? Like everything else, maybe our choices are an illusion. I see Amazon is hiring locally.

Meanwhile the infrastructure thing is going great guys

https://twitter.com/tonyromm/status/1421581501423099904?s=21

1 Like

Imagine if the rest of them actually fucking gave a shit, like this.

https://twitter.com/coribush/status/1421571146227589121?s=21

4 Likes

The rules committee has 13 members: 9 D, 4 R. Do they need them all? It also appears possible to convene emergency remote meetings.

The house probably wouldnā€™t extend the eviction moratorium. The senate definitely would not.

The WH is using dicta from a Brett Kavanaugh concurring opinion as their basis for saying that they canā€™t unilaterally extend the moratorium. They said they want congress to do it, and Pelosi said she thinks itā€™s important to do it, and then a few days later Congress went on a 6 week vacation.

Iā€™ll let yā€™all decide how much they actually care about people getting evicted.

2 Likes

Letting the eviction moratorium and student loan pause expire while the pandemic rages on is terrible both morally and politically so of course the Dems will allow both to happen.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1421831232900550660?s=19

1 Like

You really think there would be violent revolution without a second stimulus? The GOP is about to completely destroy democracy and prevent anyone but GOP insane people from running the country after 2022, do you think there will be violent revolution after they completely fuck over EVERYONE except the qanon shit heads they represent?

I hope youā€™re right but I doubt it.

Why arenā€™t the donors pushing hard to stop voter suppression when they know that will cause way more mass suffering.

The shitlibs are doing shitty policy because they want to win the suburban people again. Same reason the GOP and fox kinda did a 180 on vaccinations.

The shitlib policy is based off winning suburban people again, not because theyā€™re worried about violent uprising.

1 Like

I also want to say I love you @PocketChads and have mad respect for you and I hope our disagreements donā€™t make you not like me, Iā€™m really high and just kinda rifting my thoughts.

8 Likes

People who think this way can be moved to act by being given a credible threat of violent revolution. What sort of conditions will motivate the underclasses to offer this threat?