The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1421950138759647237

More fanfic about the amazing bipartisan bill that definitely has 10 R votes.

The months of arduous negotiations leading to last week’s agreement make up only the first hurdle. In coming days, the package must clear the Senate — where it garnered 67 votes in a recent test vote — and also survive the House, where many discontented liberals see the agreement as inadequate.

Imagine writing with a straight face that a bill has 67 votes in the Senate.

But Biden and others who say the parties can still cooperate in the post-Trump era claim the process so far validates their view. And how the White House nurtured trust with a group of pivotal Republicans offers some instructive clues on how it could lean on those relationships for other efforts.

“The president and his team have to be willing to invest the time and say no to the left — the far left — and Republicans have got to be willing to say no to the far right,” Collins said. “This really was built center-out.”

When has Biden said anything other than no to the left?

lol they really believe this deal is going to happen and let the GOP run out the clock for this years reconciliation attempt, taking away from dems an entire year to pass something.

Although totally possible Manchin and Cinema told them they won’t pass reconciliation without a deal from GOP, or at least them trying everything remotely possible to make it happen. That’s what Bernies legislative policy director made it sound like.

I will say I’m very confident Schumer knows whats up, he just can’t do shit because Manchin is forcing him to go down this road and he’s to weak and old to push back.

We really need a Caesar type character who is insanely brilliant and good and politics, without the whole wanting to be emperor thing. We need a super special talent who wants to make progressive changes.

Until then WAAF.

We need more and different senators. Nobody has any leverage over Joe Manchin.

The problem was losing Maine and Iowa and North Carolina and others.

What in the actual fuck are Democrats going to run on in 2022?

2 Likes

“We’re looking into it.”

8 Likes

“we’ve been writing letters!”

1 Like

What leverage do they have?

(Serious question, not trying a gotcha or anything like that)

I think revolution is more than would happen, but this was a real thing:

There have also been a lot of strikes that no one talks about.

2 Likes

Do WV voters really want “relief”? They don’t vote like it.

The just re-elected Capito, who is definitely worse than Manchin, by over 40 points. Trump also won WV by a bigger margin than any other state outside Wyoming.

These parts I 100% agree with.

What sort of grift-y stuff that’s bad would you be willing to give Manchin in exchange for votes on other stuff?

Congress isn’t the Justice Department and she probably didn’t do anything illegal. I have no idea what you’re even proposing here.

1 Like

As someone who has delivered things for 2’decades I can’t tell you the evidence
will be staring homeowners in the face.

Water is accumulating in yards.

Trash cans are routinely blown over resulting in areas being trashed up that were never that way before.

In the flightiest neighborhoods where they have decimated the trees birds are swarming and nesting on porches way more than ever. Bird shit piles are common now. Dragonflies are swarming. I can feel a substantial difference in temps on the ground compared to areas with more trees and shade.

I think the ruling class has decided letting climate change accelerate is a GTO move.

are you doing the howard dean there? does not matter, howarddean.gif is the right response.

Should be no problem to motivate the 5 million (at least) people about to be evicted to show up at the polls and vote for Democrats come 2022. Well done, party of the little guy.

1 Like

We might see this on a “small” scale with the CA recall. If California goes aggressive on evictions prior to the recall we can see a similar issue.

Say what you want about Trump, he turned out 10 million people who never voted because he actually did shit to make people feel like he was fighting for them. Obviously he was fighting for Nazi shit but he never would tolerate shit like this, he would have just said “executive order, evictions now illegal, suck it landlords:”

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1422273597607919624?s=21

1 Like

Honestly, I bet AOC could beat Joe if she primaries him in 2024. Joe’s done absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Remember the media treatment Bernie got? AOC is getting that x10. In a fair fight she could win but it won’t be a fair fight.

2 Likes