The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

It’s such a pointless gesture, because Democratic voters DGAF about stupid posturing like this if/when it doesn’t result in anything actually happening, while Republicans will get whipped into a frenzy about the crazy Marxist power grab this tweet supposedly represents.

1 Like

Manchin is a maybe maybe. Sinema seems like a lolno without some kind of bribe.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1542466762620420097

1 Like

Vermont has two senators with a combined age of 162 and a Republican governor

1 Like

1 Like

Scott said in 2020 that he would replace Bernie with an independent caucusing with the Democrats. Assume he’d do the same here.

But the White House is pursuing a more limited set of policy responses while urging voters and Congress to act.

4 Likes

The Joker finally got him.

2 Likes

Oof that has a poorer prognosis than you might think

What’s all this?

https://twitter.com/LeaderMcConnell/status/1542600738823618564?s=20&t=6GzhxkiBc00Mq5Pq1iCJjg

I can’t believe he would be against such things as checks bill text prohibiting federal funding for the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Is it just me or has Mitch been 80 years old for 20 years?

2 Likes

These past 5 years have lasted 20 years, so this checks out imo.

2 Likes

Perfect timing Joe

And certain people made fun of me for worrying about Dems dragging their feet on the SCOTUS justice process.

By the way even if Leahy is just absent for a few months recovering, I’m pretty sure Mitch could theoretically retake the majority of he wants to.

I would guess like 30% mortality rate? Seems like you hear a lot about very old people falling, breaking a hip, and never recovering.

That’s Joe Biden’s very reasonable old friend who Bipartisan Joe just appointed a pro life federal judge for kicking Biden in the nuts.

GOP uses reconciliation to try to kill Obamacare, Dems fail to do much of anything with it, Mitch making sure they never try again by offering to give him bipartisan “wins” on shitty conservative bills.

20% 1 year mortality in adults over 60 is what I memorized once.

Probably worse when you’re 80+

But probably better when you’re a senator

I’ve been under the impression that it’s gotta be A LOT better when you’re powerful enough to be 3rd in line for the presidency compared to some 80 year old rando.

Am I wrong?

1 Like

Isn’t a big chunk of the mortality risk just the complete lack of physical activity (which is not good at all for the very olds) while you recover? Seems like that’s unavoidable no matter how good your medical oversight is.

I’m not sure here, it’s outside my lane.

It’s multiple things though. It’s both indicative that something is wrong (you fell super hard, why did you fall? your bones are thin/weak, what’s causing that?) and that bad things will happen (you’ll be very not mobile, at risk of infection, etc)