The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

I’m not telling you what I believe I’m telling you the people at the networks don’t think they’re in real danger of being shut down or limited in coverage. The reason they cover the eDems the way they do relative to progressives is not because they view the eDems as their only chance to avoid being shuttered.

It’s because they view progressives as a threat to this current form of capitalism (under regulated with a weak safety net and a big income inequality gap). The people they admire and the people who own their company believe the current system is virtuous and as American as apple pie, and they don’t want progressives messing it up with higher taxes to fund some silly healthcare plan or climate plan.

Trump would have to change his residency again for Desantis to be his running mate.

True, but that’s easy

Or they could just bank on winning without needing Florida’s EC votes.

wouldn’t give up gov of florida for VP

indiana sure, florida no

DeSantis is pretty young but he doesn’t seem like the patient type. Also if Trump wins in 2024 we’re going full Nazi, he will fail the purity test after that for his current mild disobedience.

It’s a tough needle to thread but DeSantis is the real deal. He has 3 years to pull it off.

1 Like

You’re overestimating the dude, imo.

I think he’s your garden variety power hungry demagogue, not much different than Pompeo or Hawley. I’m truly terrified of the true fascists like Tom Cotton.

eh, pompeo is too dumb, hawley is too nazi, cotton is too boring

desantis doesn’t go too far in any direction there except he and nobody else really can get people like trump can

1 Like

well, murk’s better than whoever the heck else R’s would send from alaska

Biden could have not lied to progressives and let the chips fall where they may. Instead he blatantly lied to them in order to pass the McConnell infrastructure bill. I will not consider voting for Biden until that is rectified.

New Yorker, right?

Doesn’t actually matter what you do, I guess.

Probably right. 2024 years away though, who knows where I will live. Not like anyone’s individual vote ever carries much weight anyways. Just know there are millions like me at home sitting on our hands that Dems will need to find “independent” centrists votes to replace if the current policy path continues.

6 Likes

Yall are evaluating different metrics. riverman is saying that desantis isn’t the scariest policy-wise, but he’s the most talented at getting both the nazis and the normie country club republicans jazzed enough to get out and vote.

Tom Cotton is a straight up fucking nazi, sure, but he’s got the charisma of a log. Desantis would out perform Cotton by a large margin against any D in a general.

2 Likes

This is the secret sauce. The most dangerous Rs are the ones that can do the culture war stuff without coming across as insincere like JD Vance, but also with a winking aside to rich people to let them know you’re not actually nuts and will keep taxes low and have lots of cops around to keep Urban types out of their neighborhoods.

4 Likes

*uppity urban types

Hey, bullying works, it’s great.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1490369700420804612?s=21

In a world where state legislatures have the ability to override the electorate and submit their own preferred choice, not to mention the inherent problems with paperless ballots, the true believers scare the living shit out of me.

I think they’ve done straw polls of R primary voters and deSantis comes out miles ahead of everyone else other than Trump. I think the true believers are for deSantis too. No one likes the wooden log that’s Tom Cotton.

So much winning. I’m sure the young people will turn out to vote blue no matter who with such stunning nonstop winning

2 Likes