The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1506747209966133252

Today Joe became President

9 Likes

The White House fires people through email, lol

gov’t is so big they’re probably like, wait this fucker is here wtf every few weeks

Urban Meyer , Retired American College Football Player and Coach
Appointed on October 8, 2020 for a two-year term.

of course

What is the latest on the detention camps? I haven‘t heard anything about them in a while.

There are blond white children suffering in Ukraine, the media doesn’t are about brown kids in cages in the US anymore.

2 Likes

Yet Dejoy remains.

DeJoy isn’t violating the Hatch Act.

Anyways, the president can’t directly remove the postmaster general and the nominal Democratic majority on the board of governors includes a Trump-appointed “moderate” whose term doesn’t expire until December 2022 and who can only be fired “for cause”, which the Biden administration is like too honest to manufacture.

Realistically, the earliest DeJoy can be replaced is probably early 2023.

Blah blah blah blah blah

I’m sorry if your failure to understand how government actually works makes you a slightly smarter Marjorie Taylor Greene.

1 Like

A majority of the SCOTUS believes that the POTUS has the authority to fire any member of the executive branch of the government.

FYP

6 Likes

Eh I think it’s pretty reasonable to believe that Biden could effectively fire DeJoy. Sure, someone might issue a sternly worded statement in 2027 saying it was a “concerning overreach of executive power” or something. But your statement to Riverman is very lawbro and way over the top.

So Biden says DeJoy is fired (which Biden doesn’t actually have the authority to do). DeJoy says no you can’t do that and continues to show up at work, issue orders - then what? Biden sends in the FBI to forcibly remove DeJoy?

I have worked for a federal agency for a couple of decades.

In my experience with lower level employess, it’s criminal trespass, handled by local authorities.

If he were fired he would lose all credentials , access, paycheck and would be locked out of federal computer system.

Title 39 Chapter 2 Paragraph 202 says that the Board of Governors is the government entity that has the power to appoint and remove the postmaster general. The law was written to insulate the USPS from politics.

Thinking that Biden can simply fire DeJoy is reasonable only if you’re ignorant about government. The president isn’t some dictator who can rule by decree.

DeJoy goes to court and a judge makes the no-brainer decision that he can’t be fired like that.

Yeah and this is exactly the kind of thing that if he tried to do it, would get blown massively out of proportion and have Fox News getting everybody frothing and then “mailgate” would be the centerpiece of the dumb endless impeachments brought up by a potential GOP-led House next year. There’s just not enough tangible benefit to make it worth the backlash.

Biden trying to break the law would deserve much furor. The problem is that Trump breaking the law didn’t get sufficient furor.