The Presidency of Donald J. Trump v5.0: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes PEANUT BUTTER & BANANAS

Two weeks ago it had 1.443 million viewers. That’s pretty close to nothing, but is not nothing.

I hope zero, because that would probably be another impeachable offense.

He didn’t miss that. Trump, Jr. is so live to be a part of a referred case much juicier than what he did with the Trump Tower meeting. Prosecutors don’t just let key witnesses/potential targets go with saying no to a voluntary interview (even Trump was forced to give his bullshit written interview). The fact that Barr tried to cover up that Trump, Jr. didn’t have a grand jury interview is pretty damning. I’m not sure what covering up that McGahn didn’t have one says other than that they probably weren’t allowed to go and said ‘kool’.

For now, it kind of looks like similar effects happening. I don’t see the pressure doing much, and they’ve been doing it for months. If we did that, yeah, it would change. There I can only hope.

1 Like

Must be nice to have 1.443 million viewers on a network that probably costs $10/month and consider it close to nothing.

These days, you really have to stay ahead of the GOP smear campaigns. The fact that there could be a spin on this being a conflict of interest shows just how little care Mueller put into this.

I am not even 1% serious

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1186096913520693248
( twitter | raw text )

Nunn’s frame of reference might be just a tad removed from the plebes tho

When you compare it to actual shows, it’s really bad. He gets half of a Rachel average audience, and her audience isn’t considered big. The other problem for Maher is that his average audience is probably about 75 percent well over 50.

He does crush Last Week Tonight, Succession, Ballers, and The Righteous Gemstones in the ratings, so there’s a win for him. Of course almost all the people watching those shows are under 50.

Mueller probably voted for Trump and this time will abstain or write-in (or vote for Trump lol.)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1186099074371596288
( twitter | raw text )

Remember all those Preet podcasts where he insisted Mueller was an honorable man committed to the truth? Lol Preet

2 Likes

I didn’t misread what you were saying. I posted the citation to back up your assertion.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1186101103676526592
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1186101761368571904
( twitter | raw text )

non-insane trump supporters will tell you he needs to battle somebody, he’s always battling. how about battling poverty? try battling the federal budget deficit. battle with the military industrial complex. nah, adam schiff, that’s what he’s focused on day and night. totally shit president, just a disaster.

7 Likes

Hey, he’s battling dementia and close to breaking through a 100 word vocabulary threshold.

8 Likes

Pay cable and streaming give zero tucks about 18-49 demographics. OTA networks and basic cable care because that is what advertisers pay for.

Getting ~1.4 million on hbo in 2019 is really good numbers. I assume the cost of his show is pretty steady and probably has a decent percentage of loyal viewers.

His show gets to count all his viewers versus a OTA networks 18-49 because those are what pays the bills for the respective networks.

Streamers like Netflix and Amazon Prime have no commercials so they can appeal to broader demographics. Hulu and CBS all access have base tiers with advertising so demographics are more important.

I am shocked Mahrer gets that many viewers. No way his show goes away for numbers any time soon unless something is weird on cost side or ATT freaks out. But ATT’s plan is to massively increase the amount of content Hbo creates so I would assume the show is secure for a while.

1 Like

That vote will fail. DUCY?

Who is watching Bill Maher? I suspect there are way more insufferable “liberals” than I ever thought possible.

1 Like

[quote=“Riverman, post:1105, topic:448, full:true”]
Who is watching Bill Maher?[/quote]

Libertarian bros, ldo.

I DVR Maher. It’s often cringe, and his humor is often stuck in the 80s, but he has some decent guests and bits and often goes hard vs Trump.

Something about Maher, he must be crazy rich. Definitely “F You” rich. Has had his own show for like 30 years and does regular Vegas gigs. I think he’s given a few mil to various legit causes and campaigns but largely keeps it under wraps. He could do the HBO show for free and just use it to stay relevant and advertise his Vegas gig, and he’d still be one of the most successful working comedians.

I don’t know the economics of comedy, but if you get it humming you can make a ton. Plenty of viewers and relatively low production costs, and the performer is often also a writer. I know joan rivers died with like $100m and B list celeb Kathy Griffen seems to fly on private planes a fair amount.

1 Like

Yea that was basically what I was getting at. 1 million on HBO is vastly different than 1 million on MSNBC or CNN. I mean Maher just offered to write a check for a million to get Trump to go away. He’s not doing that unless he can afford it. It’s like me writing a check for $100.