The Presidency of Donald J. Trump v5.0: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes PEANUT BUTTER & BANANAS

How the fuck do you know what kare-kare is? That’s some obscure ass cooking knowledge.

I don’t know what kare-kare is, but there’s a restaurant that serves it a mile and half from me.

It doesn’t sound appetizing, but peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are great. Lightly toasted and using the sweet bread and butter pickles rather than dill, although some people do prefer dill. Anyway, fine dining.

This is America, we store our peanut butter and eggs in the fridge where they god damn belong. :us_outlying_islands:

1 Like

Fridge PB is for the richy-riches of the world who can afford to hire a PB-warmer to warm their PB before making a sandwich out of it. Bastards with enough time on their hands to stir their PB before using because the oil has separated. Learn some chemistry bub!

Wasn’t their talking point that they weren’t included, or something? I know, doesn’t matter and is probably the point.

A tablespoon or two of PB in spaghetti sauce is a secret life hack. Trust me.

1 Like

There is a sous vide fad that involves cooking steaks in peanut butter. I have no plans to try it.

Tested so you don’t have to.

It’s not good.

3 Likes

Natural PB on one slice of whole wheat bread, lightly toasted. Technically not a sandwich I guess. PB is refrigerated because that’s what it says to do on the jar. That might be just because it keeps it from separating once mixed, idk. Toasting solves the bread destruction problem. Whole wheat completes protein. I add a strawberry spread that Costco sells or honey.

I just did Skippy or Jiff original for a long time but my last eye exam changed that. They have new imaging toools now, and the optometrist pointed out a slightly different colored ring around my pupil he said could be due to high cholesterol. Looking at the label, the popular PBs have buttloads of saturated fat (and also sugar) so I switched. That stuff isn’t in natural PB.

I read today your fridge is supposed to be at <40F while mine was at 50. Currently experimenting with settings but I hope this doesn’t affect my PB&J.

1 Like

You do realize I already linked to that, right?

Did you edit that in? I didn’t see it when I wrote my reply

Crunchy peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich, G.O.A.T.

1 Like

Hoo boy

I was looking for something that would one day top my mum dousing her macaroni and cheese in ketchup. In theory, I guess it’s the same flavor as a big Mac, but yikes. These both sound awful.

If ya’ll won’t stop talking about peanut butter I’m going to post this:

I made these last Christmas and they were really good. Sort of like a peanut butter cup, but with added oats and a much more interesting flavor/texture combo.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/NatSecLisa/status/1201317368410058752

For the nearly two years since her name first made the papers, she’s been publicly silent (she did have a closed-door interview with House members in July 2018). I asked her why she was willing to talk now. “Honestly, his demeaning fake orgasm was really the straw that broke the camel’s back,” she says. The president called out her name as he acted out an orgasm in front of thousands of people at a Minneapolis rally on Oct. 11, 2019.

That was the moment Page decided she had to speak up. “I had stayed quiet for years hoping it would fade away, but instead it got worse,” she says. “It had been so hard not to defend myself, to let people who hate me control the narrative. I decided to take my power back.”

1 Like

Don’t sleep on peanut butter and honey sandwiches imo.

6 Likes

It’ll continue to be their talking point.

2 Likes

This is definitely the classic 1950’s incarnation of the PB&J. Strawberry jelly works too. Apricot/orange jelly is is absurd, why in god’s name would anyone try that.

Zikzak’s criticism is essentially correct: PB&J is sugary comfort food. I don’t think you can properly enjoy one if your head isn’t filled with childhood memories of going to school with a PB&J in your lunchbag. You can make one with decent whole-wheat bread and gourmet PB and go easy on the jelly and it’s a sandwich you can be only moderately embarrassed to eat as a grown-ass man. But then part of the joy of having one is that it’s a transgressive thing to do.

WTF is the point of pumping peanut butter full of preservatives if you’re going to keep it in the fridge?

2 Likes