The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: retweets WHITE POWER, condemns Black Lives Matter, regrets criminal justice reform

The parallels are beyond disturbing.

In virtue of Article 48(2) of the German Constitution, the following is decreed as a defensive measure against communist acts of violence endangering the state:

Article 1
Sections 114, 115, 117, 118, 123, 124, and 153 of the Constitution of the German Reich are suspended until further notice. Therefore, restrictions on personal liberty, on the right of free expression of opinion, including freedom of the press, on the right of assembly and the right of association, and violations of the privacy of postal, telegraphic, and telephonic communications, warrants for house searches, orders for confiscations, as well as restrictions on property, are also permissible beyond the legal limits otherwise prescribed.

Article 2
If in a state the measures necessary for the restoration of public security and order are not taken, the Reich Government may temporarily take over the powers of the highest state authority.

Article 3
According to orders decreed on the basis of Article 2 by the Reich Government, the authorities of states and provinces, if concerned, have to abide thereby.

Article 4
Whoever provokes, or appeals for, or incites the disobedience of the orders given out by the supreme state authorities or the authorities subject to them for execution of this decree, or orders given by the Reich Government according to Article 2, is punishable-insofar as the deed is not covered by other decrees with more severe punishments-with imprisonment of not less than one month, or with a fine from 150 up to 15,000 Reichsmarks.

Whoever endangers human life by violating Article 1 is to be punished by sentence to a penitentiary, under mitigating circumstances, with imprisonment of not less than six months and, when violation causes the death of a person, with death, under mitigating circumstances, with a penitentiary sentence of not less than two years. In addition the sentence may include confiscation of property.

Whoever provokes or incites an act contrary to public welfare is to be punished with a penitentiary sentence, under mitigating circumstances, with imprisonment of not less than three months.

Article 5
The crimes which under the Criminal Code are punishable with penitentiary for life are to be punished with death: i.e., in Paragraphs 81 (high treason), 229 (poisoning), 306 (arson), 311 (properties), and 324 (general poisoning).

Insofar as a more severe punishment has not been previously provided for, the following are punishable with death, life imprisonment, or imprisonment not to exceed 15 years:

1. Anyone who undertakes to kill the Reich President or a member or a commissioner of the Reich Government or of a state government, or provokes such a killing, or agrees to commit it, or accepts such an offer, or conspires with another for such a murder;

2. Anyone who under Paragraph 115(2) of the Criminal Code (serious rioting) or under Paragraph 125(2) of the Criminal Code (serious disturbance of the peace) commits the act with arms or cooperates consciously and intentionally with an armed person;

3. Anyone who commits a kidnapping under Paragraph 239 of the Criminal Code with the intention of making use of the kidnapped person as a hostage in the political struggle.

This decree is in force from the day of its announcement.

Berlin, February 28, 1933

The Reich President von Hindenburg
The Reich Chancellor A Hitler
The Minister of Interior Frick
The Minister of Justice Dr. Gürtner

What follows comes from Wikipedia:

Göring issued a directive to the Prussian police authorities on 3 March, stating that in addition to the constitutional rights stripped by the decree, “all other restraints on police action imposed by Reich and State law” were abolished “so far as this is necessary … to achieve the purpose of the decree.” Göring went on to say that

In keeping with the purpose and aim of the decree the additional measures … will be directed against the Communists in the first instance, but then also against those who co-operate with the Communists and who support or encourage their criminal aims. … I would point out that any necessary measures against members or establishments of other than Communist, anarchist or Social Democratic parties can only be justified by the decree … if they serve to help the defense against such Communist activities in the widest sense.

I’m deeply motherfucking shook.

1 Like

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1276668164152197122

I’m no legal scholar, but Trump’s order is content free, isn’t it? Just says we have some laws already and will use them?

(I don’t disagree that ten years for hurting a statue is bonkers dictator stuff.)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say content free. He’s declared protesters to be Marxists, anarchists, and extremists, intending to force their will on America through violence. He’s establishing them as a form of terrorists or as an enemy of the state.

He’s directing the federal government to prosecute them to the max, and claiming they can be hit with 10 year sentences.

Meanwhile his federal law enforcement underling is declaring them anarchists and terrorists, and creating a task force that includes the FBI, which will investigate groups and movements, then give the info to local, state and federal authorities.

It’s not hard to see where they can go after laying this groundwork. It’s not hard to imagine them going there in the current environment.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276837073060868096
( twitter | raw text )

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276837074298122240
( twitter | raw text )

I love Trampled by Turtles, but they are considered bluegrass I think.

Tyler Childers is pretty solid for people looking for stuff in the country spectrum:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276868868359815169
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276868870037540865
( twitter | raw text )

1 Like

Narrator: he didn’t.

2 Likes

I like Pat Green.

The 5D-chess grandwizard showing his prowess here by bringing back Repeal and Replace, his least popular policy from the only time in his tenure when he polled less favorably than he does now. Political genius, teflon Don.

13 Likes

Between this and the flag burning he has reelection locked up. :grin:

Not one word from Dump on this

2 Likes

I thought repealing Obamacare was super popular on the right and even with many independents, it was when his plan was revealed to be much, much worse that his numbers took a hit.

I feel like the right took the house and Senate by wanting to repeal Obamacare

Also didnt his numbers take a hit after the bill failed to repeal it?

2 Likes

No, it was a disaster throughout for the Republicans. The 2018 midterms were won on protecting ACA more than any other policy issue.

Very few people who hated Obamacare actually knew what it was. They just hated blacks, I mean Obama. Once people found out through media and ad coverage that repealing Obamacare meant no protections for people with preexisting conditions, millions losing their coverage, and insurance companies more free than ever to wreck your life, they quickly discovered that the, uh, Affordable Care Act was actually way better than “Obamacare.”

11 Likes