The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: retweets WHITE POWER, condemns Black Lives Matter, regrets criminal justice reform

Right but it’s pretty frustrating to hear the lawbros constantly tell us it’s all going to be fine because our norms and laws and the system of laws we have is sure to prevail. Like, look around. We’re white knuckling it right now with this whole democracy and rule of law thing.

4 Likes

No argument with that.

You’re advocating getting blinded out because going all in is scary.

9 Likes

It just never god damn ends

1 Like

My mom graduated from law school the same year I graduated from college. It worked out great for financial aid.

3 Likes

And why do you need one? Because of other lawyer or lawyers!

True story: my law degree is worth less than anything I own and I’d almost certainly be better off if I had never gone to law school. Even though I had a “free ride,” it was an absolute life net negative for me.

2 Likes

I said 90%, because there’s at least a 10% chance it gets announced before October.

Jesus. Isn’t Texas posting like 5k new positives a day? Wtf

2 Likes

I dropped out after one semester from two different law schools and turned down a near full ride from Northwestern.

Both times I dropped out my grades were very good although I got absolutely rocked in legal writing the first time.

That is the point.

True sigh.

Trust me when I tell you, you absolutely did the right thing. If you know for certain that you don’t want to practice and don’t plan on sitting for the bar exam, gtfo then and there. It doesn’t matter if you’re a semester away from graduating imo.

I have an advanced degree that I can’t even put on a resume. I know because I did it and it has literally cost me jobs. I’ve had headhunters tell me to take that shit off there. They either think I’m a disbarred busto Saul Goodman or I’m just using them as a stepping stone til the next lawbro job comes along. I could teach I guess but other than that, what? And I have no practice experience to point to even in that case.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I have a genius second cousin who has a law degree from Northwestern and MD from Duke. Just wrapped up residency in anesthesiology. No family no kids just debt everywhere. I asked him wtf he went to med school and he said to pay off law school

15 Likes

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/1275935701733867520?s=19

2 Likes

Suck it

1 Like

I don’t know if I’d go so far as “life net negative,” but close to the same for me with my MBA. I actually enjoyed my time back in school, but I have been in a completely unrelated career for 15 years. In fact, I quit my first job out of grad school after four months to start this one.

1 Like

Do BIll Barr’s kids have any birthdays coming up? Maybe we can get one to sacrifice their birthday wish

5 Likes