The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: retweets WHITE POWER, condemns Black Lives Matter, regrets criminal justice reform

Good catch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrGJackBrown/status/1274631741026660352

2 Likes

If you watch Trump in that video, he doesn’t even drink the water. Just brings it up to his mouth and then tilts his head back.

I like it but it doesn’t appropriately emphasize the history making achievement of successfully drinking a glass of water that forced his fans into that chant of 4 more years.

They didn’t chant for judges.
They didn’t chant for deregulation.
They didn’t chant for racism.
They didn’t chant for police support.
They didn’t even chant for owning the libs.

They chanted only for his historically successful drinking of a glass of water.

They seem to think the consumption of H2O was owning the libs.

I mean in fairness the man is a mess, he can’t walk, he can’t talk, he can’t keep his dentures in place half the time, he clutches onto the podium for dear life, he goes weak in the knees at the sight of a ramp…

Drinking water with one hand without spilling it actually is an impressive feat for him.

2 Likes

At least he cares about the animals.

3 Likes

Biden should open the first debate by pouring himself a huge glass of water from a pitcher, taking a huge swig, then asking Trump if he’s thirsty.

Also if I were Biden I’d have an aide sneak behind the other podium before the debate and put some grease on Trump’s glass. It would be so worth it.

13 Likes

Nope. Lived in SK for a year. K-pop was completely inescapable and catchy.

His speech last night literally put me into a coma. I fell asleep at the end at like 7:45 pm and woke up at 3:30 am so here I am at 4 in the damn morning wide awake surfing UP and watching old episodes of ink masters.

2 Likes

Thought I was the only one here who lived in Prague.

The enthusiasm is gone because Trump has no answers and his supporters know it. As do his opponents. The economy is a wreck and all he can come up with is “turn it back on again”. His answer to racial division is “law and order”. And why bother with a coordinated plan to beat the virus? Too complicated. So he’s going with “it’s fading away”. Its all bullshit. Always has been. The only thing he’s got is the only thing he’s ever had. Of course that’s the racism. And although its proven to be stronger than I ever thought it was, that may not be enough to carry him through this time.

1 Like

I’ve done that when I’m really stoned and not sure whether any of my extremities are actually part of my body or not. Works well.

Made me tear up, thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

19 Likes

Oh no.

3 Likes

Transcript of Trump’s Magical fourteen minutes. It needs to be read in total to be fully appreciated.

“And the stage was higher than this one. And the ramp was probably 10 yards (about nine metres) long. I say, ‘Generaaaal!’ Now you’ve got to understand, I’ve got the whole corps of cadets looking at me. And I want them to love their President; I did this big thing. I love them, I love them, they’re incredible, and they do.

“I said, ‘General! I’ve got myself a problem, general. Because I’m wearing leather-bottomed shoes.’ Which is good if you’re walking on flat surfaces. It’s not good for ramps. And if I fall down – look at all those press back there, look at that. (He once again points at the reporters, sparking more boos.)

“And this was a steel ramp. You all saw it, because everybody saw it. This was a steel ramp, it had no handrail. It was like an ice-skating rink. And I said, ‘General, I have a problem.’ And he didn’t understand that at first.

“I said, ‘There’s no way!’ You understand, I just saluted almost six hundred times, I just made a big speech. I sat for other speeches. I’m being baked. I’m being baked like a cake! I said, ‘General, there’s no way I can make it down that ramp without falling on my ass, general. I have no railing.’ True. It’s true!

“So I said, ‘Is there like something else around?’ ‘Sir, the ramp is ready to go! Grab me, sir! Grab me.’ I didn’t really want to grab him. You know why? Because I said, ‘That’ll be a story too.’ So now I have a choice, I can stay up there for another couple of hours and wait till I’m rescued, or I can go down this really steep, really, really really – it’s an ice-skating rink, it’s brutal.

“So I said, ‘General, get ready, because I may grab you so fast.’ Because I can’t fall with the fake news watching. If I fall – I remember when President Ford fell out of the plane. You remember? I remember when another president, nice man, threw up in Japan. And they did slow motion replays. True! Right? It’s true. ‘I don’t want that, general.’

“Now he’s standing, big strong guy, and he’s got these shoes. But they’re loaded with rubber on the bottom. Cause I looked. The first thing I did, I looked at his shoes. Then I looked at mine. Very, very slippery.

“So I end up saying, ‘OK general, let’s go, I will only grab you if I need you.’ That’s not a good story; falling would be a disaster. It turned out to be worse than anything. I would have been better off if I fell and slid down the damn ramp. Right?

“So what happens, is I start the joouuurney! Inch by inch, right? (He re-enacts walking again.) And I was really bent over too, you know, I didn’t like that. I didn’t like this picture. This picture I’m sure will be an ad by the fakers. So I was bent over, right? (He re-enacts being bent over. The crowd laughs appreciatively.)

undefined

Find someone who laughs at your jokes the way the blonde lady behind Trump laughs at his. Source: Supplied

“And then we finally reached almost the end! And the fake news, the most dishonest human beings, they cut it off. You know why? Because when I was 10 feet (about three metres) short, I said, ‘General, I’m sorry, I’m -,’ and then I ran down the rest, right? I looked very handsome. That was the only good part.

“I wouldn’t want to run down the whole thing, because a fall there would definitely be bad. So I took these little steps, I raaaaan down the last 10. And by the way, their tape – take a look. In almost every instance, it ends just before I run. And they said, it was the number one trending story.

“I call my wife. I said, ‘How good was that speech? I thought it was a-’, hey look, I’ll tell you when I make good ones and bad ones. Like, so far, tonight I’m average. But we’re having fun. We’re having fun. So far tonight.

“But I call my wife and I said, ‘How good was it darling?’ She said, ‘You’re trending number one.’ I said, to our great First Lady I said, ‘Let me ask you a question. Was it that good, the speech, that I’m trending number one? Because I felt it was really good.’ ‘No no, they don’t even mention the speech. They mention the fact that you may have Parkinson’s disease. It’s true. It’s truuuee! (More pointing and more booing.)

“They say, ‘There’s something wrooong with our President!’ I’ll let you know if there’s something wrong, OK? I’ll let you know if there’s something – I’ll tell you what, there’s something wrong with Biden. That I can tell you. So then my wife said, ‘Well, it wasn’t only the ramp. Did you have water?’

“I said, ‘Yeah, I was speaking for a long tiiiiime. I didn’t want to drink it, but I wanted to wet my lips a little bit.’ You know, you’re working hard up there with the sun, poouuuring down on you. I love this location, the sun’s like this. (He motions towards his face again.) This way they save on lighting, right? That’s why they did it, probably.

“So what happens is, I said, ‘What does it have to do with water?’ They said, ‘You couldn’t lift your hand up to your mouth with water.’ I said, ‘I just saluted six hundred tiiimes! Like this. (He salutes again.) And this was before I saluted. So what’s the problem?’ And she said, ‘Well I know what you did. You had on a very good red tie. That’s sort of expensive.’ It’s silk, because they look better. They have a better sheen to them.

“And I don’t want to get water on the tie. And I don’t want to drink much. So I lift it up, the water. I see we have a little glass of water, where the hell did this water come from? (He produces a glass of water from under the lectern.) Where did it come from!? And I look down at my tie, because I’ve done it. I’ve taken water, and it spills down onto your tie, it doesn’t look good for a long time. And frankly the tie is never the same.

“So I put it up to my lip, and then I say – because I don’t want it! Just in case. (He re-enacts taking a sip of water.) And they gave me another disease. They gave me another disease. (He drinks some water. The crowd goes bananas. He throws the glass away. The crowd starts chanting, ‘Four more years!’)

“Anyway that’s a long story. But here’s the story. I have lived with the ramp and the water since I left West Point. Not one media group said I made a good speech, or I made a great speech.

“But the kids loved it because they broke their barrier, which wasn’t good in terms of COVID. But they broke their barrier and they wanted to shake hands, they wanted to – and I don’t want to tell anybody, but there were a couple of kids, they put out their hand; I actually shook their hand. OK? I actually shook it. Cause they were excited. They were excited!

“They were with their President, they were excited. The most beautiful, young people. Men, women. The most beautiful young people you’ve ever seen. Think about how you feel, if you’re me.

“So I go there. ‘How did I do?’ ‘Sir, that was a great speech.’ You know, all my people. ‘Sir, that was one of your best, that was great.’ And I say, ‘That’s great, I agree, it was a good speech. I liked that speech.’

“They don’t mention the speech. But they have me going down this ramp at an inch at a time. It’s soooo unfair. It really is. Soooo unfair. They are among the most dishonest people anywhere on Earth. They’re bad people. Bad people. OK, that’s enough of that. I wanted to tell that story.”

19 Likes

For sure. A lot of people viewed trump as a novelty in 2016 and said “what do we got to lose.” Many of those people no longer view him as a novelty and now know what they have to lose.

1 Like

Now that we’ve had time to digest the hilarity of last nights imagery, let’s discuss the merits of Democrats and K-pop kids reserving tickets.

Being results oriented, it worked fantastically well this time as it got Trump to crow about 1 million ticket requests only to be embarrassed by anemic turnout. Had the arena been filled however, which I think should be expected for a white supremacist rally in Oklahoma, it would have served a negative purpose and made the demand to be there appear way greater than it was.

Seems like we ran really well to thread the needle of a million requests and only 5k showing up when the most likely outcome was 30k showing up and Trump claiming 970,000 more tried but were blocked by Antifa. Will be interesting to see how the campaign changes ticket requesting going forward.

2 Likes

To them, voting for a racist is preferable to voting for a Democrat. They’ll vote for Trump the same way we’ll vote for Biden: I don’t like him but at least he isn’t a Democrat/Republican.

The vote totals in 2020 will be fairly similar. Where 2016’s third-party voters go is the question.

He’s going to get worse.

At this point I’m worried very little that he will “win” the election, and am worried infinity that they’ll cheat and get away with it.

10 Likes

I feel like one of the few remaining blind spots that a lot of people have about the awfulness of the Republicans is that they cheat at elections. People always treat at me like I’m insane when I say they will try to use allies at the state level to suppress Dem votes.

3 Likes