The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

I no longer believe I’m awake. This all can’t be real. It has to be the most elaborate dream of my life.

5 Likes

Great post

2 Likes

While I want to see his orange face in an orange jumpsuit, the world would be a better place if Covid throws a giant clot on Nov 4. Lame duck will suck so bad.

5 Likes

Maybe he gets so sick that he doesn’t have the ability to go scorched Earth on America.

It’d be nice for American democracy to hit a 2-outer from time to time too.

1 Like

This is how I felt when I learned Trump had Covid. Then when he went quiet on twitter, I really questioned if it was all real. Now that he’s back tweeting nonsense and further endangering people’s lives, I feel like we’re back to reality.

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/the_law_boy/status/1313586169549029382?s=21

18 Likes

Attempting to make things so bad that a national state of emergency is declared.

1 Like

Deleted my post, kudos to the fake news makers for putting a pic of Christie talking into a mic to create the assumption that it came from a interview.

1 Like

If it helps. You are one of my favourite posters. For some internet validation.

8 Likes

FYP

2 Likes

You’re one of the posters who makes this site really awesome for me. Not because we agree about much either.

15 Likes

Very nice post. I just had the conversation with my wife last night that my parents were both products of abuse and so of course I was emotionally abused and physically abused (if you count being beaten with a whipping stick) and as a result I have shied away from wanting to have kids or at many times in life away from people. Mostly because I felt shame and extreme imposter syndrome as a result of nothing ever being good enough for my parents. But my parents were victims also and it is easy to gloss over that. It doesn’t make them blameless but it has helped me to forgive them by realizing they too were products of their environment.

I finally realized it in my 30s and have been working on it ever since. I am in a better place but deal with these feelings daily and probably always will. I should probably check out the guy you are talking about.

16 Likes

This seems big.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1313584836624429057?s=19

29 Likes

About like four years too late, but gj Facebook.

18 Likes

You’re a hero and I’m a worthless POS next to you lol. You’re out there endangering yourself for a good cause, getting maced and arrested for what amounts to a small contribution to a long and uphill battle. Meanwhile, I’m at home hiding and studying how to more efficiently extract money from people. If more people were like you, progress would happen more quickly.

25 Likes

Excellent excellent. It’s a tough cycle to escape. You’re right. There’s a balance between holding our parents and ourselves accountable without also falling prey to shame. We begin to see that we make mistakes, not that we ARE a mistake.

This is the Brene Brown TED Talk that took her from academic research to sacred halls of Oprah.

She also has an excellent podcast called Unlocking Us in which she interviews a variety of guests about these topics. For example, she had one recent episode with Laverne Cox on transgender representation, and then another with Judd Apatow on the secret to infusing his movies with vulnerability and laughter.

2 Likes

How is it we live in a world where Donald Trump lives and Eddie Van Halen dies?

R.I.P.

7 Likes

Please Trump pozz Laffer one time.

1 Like

I’ll try to ignore their timing (the day of a Biden +16 poll and a House recommendation to essentially break them up), for now.

3 Likes