The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

PSA: Hand-pies translates to meat pies.

Obviously not equivalent to a good burger. Which I haven’t had since before covid, damn it.

Sorry if I got the name wrong, meat pies and sausage rolls were much better than a Hungry Jack Whopper when I was visiting. Easier to eat, more variety, and better tasting. May have been the novelty factor or Australians not quite getting burgers right. I had a “hot dog” at a footy game at the MCG and it was not a pleasant experience…

1 Like

had one at the Burgatory in pittsburgh today (just passing through). it was pretty pretty pretty good.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that Trump traveled to Orange County this weekend for a fundraiser. He NEEDS cash and it’s on his mind, hence the comments. It’s also why he’s doing as many illegal campaign events as possible on government property. He likely lacks sufficient cash for the final week of the campaign (not that cash is that important for an incumbent).

1 Like

I assume you’re right they call them hand-pies. I had no idea what that was though. Growing up I never saw meat pies either. I just figured it was like a burrito for white people.

1 Like

Premier Protein shake, 160 cals, 30g protein and decently filling. Available online from Amazon or Costco.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/HeyVeronica/status/1318317379076718603?s=19

13 Likes

They probably put vegemite on them while they are hiding from kangaroos.

“Hand pies” aren’t a thing. Just “a pie” or “pies” in neutral context always means single-serving meat pies though. “Meat pie” if you need to clarify but clarifying for no reason sounds weird, like “hello one meat hot dog please”.

“A piece of pie” means some sort of sweet pie though because the meat ones don’t come in large versions.

Strongly disagree. If he resigns and goes public, not a single extra mask will be worn. Not a single extra person will stay home. He’s already going public, and it doesn’t matter to those who don’t want to know.

2 Likes

Jesus. If it’s this complicated maybe I’ll just go with the salad, thanks. Which, come to think about it, is pretty much my default thought process in any new restaurant situation. Or at least it was, BC.

He also wears makeup, talks at rallies about kissing big strong men, and still gets the support of his homophobic, bigoted base. Such a cult.

Like imagine what the average Trump voter would say if Biden showed up in bronzer and said he wanted to kiss his male supporters.

Obviously none of this should matter, but obviously to a lot on the right it does. As far as I’m concerned every president the rest of my life can be a first of some kind. First woman, first Hispanic-American, first Asian-American, first gay/lesbian, first trans, first Muslim, first Jewish, first athiest, you name it.

Oops, I said Pure Protein, meant Premier Protein. After 10 months of working out and still being about the same weight (thanks to 20 lbs gained from Mar 15-May 15), though much stronger and fitter, I’m now getting a bit more fanatical about weight loss and have been drinking one of those shakes either for breakfast or post workout and sometimes before bed if hungry.

1 Like

Hmm. I’ve tried the Pure Protein shakes and they’re good. I just don’t like the single serving packaging. Seems environmentally unfriendly. Will look at the Premiere. If hungry before bed I just try to go to sleep earlier, ha.

You seem really motivated. That’s encouraging to others, including me.

1 Like

Thanks, I am really motivated. I’ve been in good shape before and kinda let things slide since law school. I think I can get back to my old form but it’s like a damn 2-year project. That said, even though I’m still fairly chunky, I’m now stronger and in pretty good overall shape.

I started exercising on Oct 30, 2019, so it’s been almost a year, other than a two-month layoff at the start of covid (where I somehow ate a ton). Fitness is one of the things that most people have a lot of individual control over. It cannot be bought or gifted and would be expensive as hell if it could be. (Obviously time and equipment are not similarly available to everyone, but if you got time to read Unstuck, you got time to squat and walk or whatever.) Also, thanks to youtube, good websites, apps and such, it’s a lot easier to find solid fitness info than even 15 years ago. (Sure, 90% of the stuff is crap, but it’s not hard to find good info if you’re not a fish). Probably the biggest error I made was not strictly logging calories on myfitnesspal 6 months earlier.

4 Likes

Toobin had a hand pie

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1318172467966468096?s=19

normal

Falcon King: The Alan Howell Parrot Story

4j4vh3

9 Likes

Trump Attempts To Soften Image Before Election By Adopting Dead Dog

WASHINGTON—Flopping the putrescent animal carcass down in the Oval Office with an introduction of “call him whatever you want, I don’t care,” President Donald Trump announced Monday that the first family had a new member, a dead dog reportedly adopted to soften his image before election day.

“That’s good, lie down. And stay down, okay? They say if you want a friend in Washington, get one of these—of course, I have friends already, so many friends, but here it is anyway. Here’s a dog."

14 Likes

I must be a total degenerate because a tuna melt is one of my favourite quick simple and tasty meals. Or tuna mayo with sweetcorn on pasta with a little cheese on top. Delicious. I didn’t realise it was an issue until now. Thanks UP for destroying one more vector of happiness.

7 Likes