The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

It’s not a grift if they are effective.

No.

2 Likes

If abortion were illegal there would be like 1M more US births per year, many more impoverished women, tons of college dropouts, many more unwanted children, etc. The landscape of society would fundamentally shift in many ways. I think pro-life women should be targeted with ads discussing this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if within 5-10 years pharmaceutically induced abortions will not be that hard to obtain. So, the right wingers reach their goal after 50 years, causing untold misery, but it turns to ash in their hands and floats away. GJGE.

I was pushing this as a campaign slogan a few months ago, but it was sarcasm.

1 Like

Its estimated that there were 500k-1M abortions per year in the US prior to Roe v Wade. No official records obviously.

Unwanted pregnancies tend to get ended one way or another. Just like drugs, making it illegal only endangers people, it doesn’t make it go away.

6 Likes

Out of curiosity could she name all the justices off the top of her head?

This is a pretty standard experience any time I’m in a third world country.

6 Likes

I can’t figure out if this is how Trump saw the GOP in 2016/how the GOP sees Trump in 2020 or the other way around

2 Likes

Blast this to the heavens

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1317238975707385857?s=19

18 Likes

lol i thought you meant this as trump’s slogan

I tried that with my mom. She said I was bringing up a practical reason for a moral decision. Chessmate.

I did. It’s the stupidest thing I could think of.

If I had to guess I’d say she could name most of them but might whiff on a couple.

“MAGAA” or “Not actually effective, I don’t think, but kinda funny.”

On FB today I saw Biden gotcha from 47 years ago about saying he had 3 degrees or soemthing?

I mean, Biden has lied in the last 12 months about his role in the civil rights movement, about a visit with Nelson Mandela, about his Iraq War support, about his social security record. I’ve been reliably informed that no one cares.

We care but what choice do we have at this point. You act like 85% of us weren’t for Bernie.

4 Likes

Well that’s a perfectly fine argument to make. Far better than you would get from most like her.

2 Likes

His brain is mush. He called Matt Gaetz Rick Gates (who is in jail, I think?)

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1317206352331067392?s=21

2 Likes

3 Likes

Pretty sure most of us would make the same argument if pressed on a particular issue. We’re a complicated species.

1 Like