The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

That’s certainly understandable, but if anyone else wants it, I’m available.

Drive-by COVID-spreading ftw

5 Likes

LOL “this isn’t the ‘Let’s Read a Book’ school.”

God this dude has hated reading his whole life.

6 Likes

He says he’s learned all about the virus and now he “gets it”. That strikes me as yet another self-own, like maybe he could have learned about it before it was personally afflicting you?

But it also means if he recovers he’ll be even more of an obnoxious know it all.

3 Likes

Sucks to be the secret service agents driving that car.

9 Likes

Geez I thought you were joking… WTFFFFFF

3 Likes

That was exactly what I was thinking

This little parade is insanely reckless. You can see the two dudes in the front of the vehicle are in PPE, but they are still taking an unnecessary risk.

3 Likes

Trump going out of the hospital to greet supporters while contagious is so fucking insane.

11 Likes

Oh boy that new Trump clip. Hes very excited about the Trump flags from his supporters, so he’s going to pay them a SURPRISE VISIT!

He says he has now learned a lot about Covid from the REAL school, not the Let’s Read The Books School. “It’s a very interesting thing and I’m going to let you know about it!”.

How do they think this kind of messaging helps him?

2 Likes

How the fuck can doctors and the hospital allow this?

Also nice work telling the reporters to go home. Fool me once, fool me 80 million times…

2 Likes

So needy … sad

I also wonder if that stunt goes against normal Secret Service protocols (setting aside the covid risk). I guess they already have to have the hospital area locked down because Trump is there, but driving around outside creates new threats that you have to prepare for. One of my dad’s childhood friends was on Gore’s secret service detail. Curious what he thinks about this.

https://twitter.com/preetbharara/status/1312215884052656129?s=21

10 Likes

I’m stunned :skull_and_crossbones:

https://twitter.com/erinscafe/status/1312868231422517248

13 Likes

He told the racist proud boys to stand by. And they seem to think trump is pretty friendly with them.

Legit put the line at number of books read lifetime at 1.5.

Let me guess, we can all beat it because daddy did, we just have to have the courage to face it head on, maskless, and catch it like good Americans?

Still hoping he makes a full recovery @smrk4? He’s going to get a lot of people killed if he takes this line.

He’s the commander in chief.

Taibbi is on Iranian state TV for some of the same reasons that someone like Chris Hedges is on RTV. That’s who is asking them to appear. It’s as important of a question to ask why Taibbi or Hedges tend not to be on major US networks.

From Press TV’s wikipedia page it looks like they’ve published some questionable opinion pieces, but I didn’t dig in deeper than that.

I agree 100% that when it comes to Intent vs Impact, that Trump’s words definitely had the Impact that you state. However, in the tweet and video in question, Taibbi is making a nuanced point, while the tweeter is inaccurately portraying what Taibbi actually said.