The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

y’all should be listening to ben rhodes’ podcast. he drops bombs.

that is all

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1315311656776409088
( twitter | raw text )

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1315312941449740288
( twitter | raw text )

HE’S COUGH COUGH AWAKE

1 Like

I’m out of academia and not going back, but, call me petty, but I’d expect a doe-eyed undergrad to address me as Dr. or at least Prof. if they were applying for something in my lab, at least in their introductory email, and I’d look askance at any such email that used my first name. You get into my lab, sure, first names, but their are times and places for the formality, and one of them is when you, a nobody, want something from someone important.

1 Like

Lol I made this back in the Ukraine scandal days

And Mother Jones recently made this. Great minds use the same photoshop models.

13 Likes

AP well known for their bias and unreliability

Clipboard01v

I don’t work at a hospital, but I’ve spent some time at one when my girls were born. Only doctors got to wear white coats, and only doctors wore solid blue scrubs. Nurses wore all manner of odd print scrubs. I thought that was a pretty common system, and my brother had to abide by something like that while going through dental school.

I guess some confusion about who’s a doctor is a sign of progress, as you can’t just use gender and race as a proxy, but at least in many places, they try to have distinct cues.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1315316071243476997
( twitter | raw text )

1 Like

holy hell

4 Likes

Sounds like there’s going to be a bunch of parties next week - Covid parties.

counterpoint, i know an er doc who is a five foot tall indian woman who looks ten years younger than her age. plenty of times patients would look past her and say “no i want a doctor”, because weird stuff runs through their heads on the ambulance ride and their ids come out. that’s when my friend starts the “call me doc” attitude.

2 Likes
Would you rather be trapped in a room with Trump in
  • There is no room

0 voters

Nah, I know that still happens. It’s a shame. But they still might make that mistake if a nurse called her doctor as well.

Lmao literally quoting a named person = “Fake”

Reactionaries have never been dumber

1 Like

Isn’t some of it to depersonalize them so it’s easier for them to poke and prod you in personal places and not feel weird about it later? Medical doctors any, academics requiring the use seems to just reinforce how petty the politics in academia really are.

This is the criteria I used as well. After first meeting nobody used Dr. Now in a business context nobody uses it ever.

My email sig doesn’t say Dr. But does say Joe Smith, PhD, E.P., PMP.

The letters behind you name thing is super pretentious but standard in my industry.

I received an e-mail a couple weeks ago from someone who put MBA after their name. Congrats on bragging about something nobody cares about. It’s not even like he was trying to impress someone to get a job.

This is also common in my world. Most engineers I work with have joe smith, P. Eng, MBA.

There’s a plague at work of everyone putting committee membership under their signature. Chair of this minor committee, Fellow of that thing no one knew existed… It’s way more pathetic than that guy with nothing at all under their name