The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode XIV: T-minus 97 Hours

My fears of false flag terrorist attack → state of emergency which Trump thinks he can use to stay in power - just went up more.

The things we did for entertainment before movie theaters…

holup :thinking:

https://twitter.com/santiagomayer_/status/1349426481890422784

31 Likes

Fake news! The whole foods shaman knows when he sees a virtuous vegetable and when he sees a pud spud.

Crazy brain idea. Senate votes to impeach on the 19th while Trump is still in office. Then votes on disbarring Trump from ever holding office after Biden is sworn in - allowing most Rs to vote no and they can say Schumer is the one who called the vote.

8 Likes

This is definitely a NEW TONE

This is the day Donald Trump finally became president

3 Likes

Don’t they need to vote to convict (2/3) before they can vote to bar Trump from office (51%)?

I want a Democrat to take their turn to speak, just look around for a second, and say, “He’s an asshole.”

3 Likes

Once the house votes to impeach, he is impeached. The senate holds the trial. But as long as he is impeached before his term ends, he can be convicted by the senate later after his term ends according to at least some info I’ve read.

What the hell was going on in January 2018 that was worse than anything at any stage in the pandemic?

some federalist asshole and former judge wrote yesterday it makes no sense to convict a non-incumbent president. so yeah, apparently if there’s no time for a trial, presidents can just go wild with impunity.

1 Like

noone remembers. that’s the sad part.

1 Like

EDIT: Nope, this was 2019. Damn, everything really does blend together, doesn’t it?

21 Likes

Hearted just because I laugh every time I see it. Has to be the defining image of his Presidency, right?

3 Likes

Infrastructure week doesn’t need the distractions of a violent uprising.

FWIW this is a constitutional right, not a state law issue. Both 1st and 8th amendments are implicated.

Yeah I meant convict first but somehow Rs can say “But we never said Trump couldn’t run for office again!” It’s a dumb idea I admit.

Pence should have to explain himself why he is even looking for ways to do that.