The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

BEFORE they married.

God, you’re so smugly dumb it’s, well, something.

Your inability to understand context is funny to me.

Lol.

Nice FG. You’re still losing 60-3.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216130169477439488
( twitter | raw text )

Hahahahaha

oic. So ol’ Ulysses, he promptly liberated any slaves that legally became his joint property after marriage? He never benefited from the labor of any of those slaves? Or any others he had access to through family connections? Is that what I will learn if I read the history on this topic?

Spoiler

Those are not the things you will learn if you read the history on this topic.

If you actually read (lol) you will learn how little you actually know.

Time to test out that Ignore functionality.

Edit: it works.

Yep. My first test of the ignore function as well.

Trump tweeting in Arabic is more readable than that guy.

4 Likes

I don’t even know where I stand on this, but remember at the beginning of exiled when I was trying to decide who the members of this community are? I know that if someone who is a regular goes a little nuts or has a very unpopular opinion I think we should be very reluctant to moderate them, but I dunno if anyone who just starts posting should get the same respect and it’s even less certain for people who we pretty much all know from some other account somewhere who is hiding behind a new account.

15 Likes

We are not better than them

We invaded Iraq illegally under false pretenses and killed 1,000,000 civilians

Usa#1

Who is thremp and what’s his deal?

Cite or ban.

Thremp was a world-class sports bettor and world-class asshole. Forget what he got banned for.

I’m fine with people having unpopular opinions as long as its in good faith. Once you start calling others scumbags and everyone an idiot because they don’t agree with you then meh, I have no interest in your posts anymore.

That said I really agree that we should be reluctant to moderate people. I really like that about this community and although I find this poster to be insufferable I don’t think he should be banned for his posts.

I think its kinda hilarious progressive communities like this are actually really open about letting people speak their peace and not banning, but any right wing forum you go on they will instant ban you for any dissent against Trump or their ideals. So that they can continue their discussions about lefties and globalist twitter are infringing on their free speech for banning them over nazi propaganda, and racist incites to violence.

10 Likes

Interestingly he was (most recently) banned for taking shats at jmakin posted somewhere jmakin was not likely to have seen them.

Wasn’t even that bad, really. Some standard shitposting. But Thremp was on a very short leash. .

Agree. imo, there’s a legitimate discussion to have about how we judge historical figures based on today’s standards, and it’s not hard for things to get heated.

1 Like

Just a very normal and cool dude. :heart: Thremp

1 Like

Yeah judging historical figures in context is definitely interesting and I can see how it can get heated. That said I’m often disappointed at how petty and angry people get at each other on this board and name call.

As long as you’re for people having good health care and generally taking care of each other and against the racism and hate you’re on my team and I don’t mind if there is a bunch of other stuff we disagree on.

2 Likes