The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

This is pure fantasy.

A fair deal for all Americans. Sounds way better than being pro trans abortions doesn’t it?

This is what I’m talking about. Good messaging doesn’t mean compromising your principles it means being good at politics.

This for the record is something that Yang is spectacular at. And he’s converting Trump voters at a hilarious pace because of it.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1214739853025394693
( twitter | raw text )

lol oh ok it was just a show

Oh all is well? Good to know

Ooo maybe instead of “black lives matter” Dems could come up with something like “all lives matter”

3 Likes

No. They should have started with all lives matter in the first place. BLM made messaging errors at the beginning. The right getting to coopt that was them crushing our side on messaging for the six millionth time.

Which I totally understand. Black lives do matter but aren’t treated as such. All lives matter has the same implications but is more inclusive.

We aren’t perfect and we make mistakes. That being said conservatives have seminars about how to do political messaging right. We aren’t training our people to fight the communications battle the same way they are and it really shows.

1 Like

I mean other than Iran doing exactly what I specifically warned them against doing at their own peril, things are swell. I’m off to bed now.

It doesn’t, it really doesn’t. If you don’t understand that then we may as well move on.

7 Likes

I prefer “some lives don’t matter” or derivatives therefrom.

It’s not as pointed you’re right. But do you see how if that’s where you start it’s fine and much harder to out maneuver?

The right practically painted blm as a terrorist group.

You hate the phrase all lives matter because it was set against blm and it worked.

3 Likes

jesus christ, never say this out loud

2 Likes

See this would have been decent. If you absolutely must make it specific “black lives don’t matter” is much harder to do communications judo on.

Let’s be super clear we are talking about “say this not that” while retaining identical substance. Words matter. How you sell something matters.

The original post was about winning a Presidential election. BLM, Abolish ICE and LGBTQ rights would be tactically idiotic things to lead your campaign with. Bernie focuses on economic issues and is broadly inclusive on the campaign trail without actually compromising any parts of the progressive agenda. It’s a matter of wording things more ambiguously to win more votes.

4 Likes

There were pictures of young black men yelling at police officers. You really think the slogan was the problem?

2 Likes

Yeah, Bernie is the ideal candidate for the strategy Bored has championed.

Bored must have Bernie #1 by far.

1 Like

Can you possibly figure out why black activists didn’t want to walk through the streets chanting “black lives don’t matter”?

3 Likes

Of course. Can you see how the right twisted black lives matter into a large communications win?

It’s incredibly hard to explain to checked out White people why all lives matter or even blue lives matter is racist.

They were going to twist it into a large communications win no matter what, and it’s because of the second part of your post. Checked out white people were just going to ignore it until Fox whipped them into a frenzy anyway.

2 Likes

Derail, take it elsewhere, imo.

3 Likes