The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

IIRC she won in large part because the establishment incumbent Dem was godawful. I have to imagine some of the party leaders would love to see her get primaried by some neoliberal clowndick.

And they’re probably dumb enough to try.

3 Likes

Where do we put all the lols for this…?

Crowley didn’t seem awful, just a standard Dem. AOC won because Crowley never really had to bother with primary campaigns, he originally got the seat because the guy leaving it had already secured a spot on the ballot and just swapped his name out for Crowley’s.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1214641938533502976?s=19

1 Like

I could be wrong, I vaguely remember Crowley didn’t bother showing up to debates or something like that because he thought he had it in the bag.

She was. Now she’s not, and likely won’t be (an upset, probably forever)

I think she’s a great politician so far, and I’d guess she’ll continue to be. How translatable to a different candidate seems…problematic.

MM MD

AOC is obviously a gigantic favorite not to get successfully primaried and 100% to win if she is the dem nominee. A much closer/interesting bet is whether she outperforms the dem POTUS nominee in her district, especially if it’s Biden. I could see that going either way. But I guess is it’s not all that important because they’ll both probably break 70%.

What if he insinuated that you were a millennial instead? Better? I did that to Kerowo and he told me to eat a bag of dicks.

1 Like
1 Like

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1214637837141843968?s=20

Fuck right off you smug privileged prick.

1. There are a ton of other ways the dems also could have won. Picking and choosing this as the one thing to change is bizarre

2. People who care about trans people and black people dying is and should be bigger than the %s you listed. Just because YOU seem to struggle to empathise doesnt mean everyone else has to.

3. It doesnt matter how much ground you concede. The RWNJ are going to make it a wedge issue no matter what.

For example, they take what should be the most uncontroversial issues like

• please dont shoot innocent black people
  • please follow some basic medical advice and please dont bully trans kids to death in schools

Into antifa pedofiles coming to kill cops and babies

Despite your denials. This is centrist weak sauce bullshit. Give no ground. Concede nothing. Fuck them.

Otherwise we will be 5 years down the line and
“Please dont put trans people in internment camps” will be the wedge issue republicans are hammering us with.

1. “This is like causing a fatal accident because you have the right of way”

Wow. This your privilege showing. People are dying. Now. Today. In hundred and thousands. Because of the issues you are dismissing as idealistic naivete.

The dead trans kid who commited suicide after his teacher bullied him to death isnt going to care if youve got Medicare for all and a dem senate.

1. And the people fighting this issues hardest are not white dem leaders. They are trans people and PoC. You are basically telling them to stop fighting for their lives.

Like seriously. Fuck off.

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/geoffgarin/status/1214598437464924162?s=20

I’d be fine. I am a millennial lol.

Literally no one here disagrees with fighting hard on healthcare, opiates etc. This is a massive straw man. We just think you can and should do that without telling trans people and PoC to stfu and wait their turn.

He’s saying keep the liberal policy on sexual/ethnic minorities the same, but looking at realpolitik, at some point, and I agree with bored that we’ve passed that point already, we turn off more working class white voters than we activate minority/lgbtqia+ voters. And if we don’t get the representatives elected, minority rights aren’t going to have any advocates in power at all

4 Likes

Thinking. “Lets just ignore black people and then promise them a bunch of stuff in private” is some kind of tactical master plan is literal lol. Because that sounds exactly like the bullshit theyve been fed for 150 years. “Oh yeah but we mean it this time so its different”… gtfo

1 Like

Republicans didn’t run on banning online poker. They did it in the middle of the night and blamed it on Obama if someone who enjoyed online poker asked them about it later.

How about use that strategy, but for good stuff. And if a voter is legit evil, just lie to their face and say “oh, reparations for black people? I call them Trumparations because trump did that shit”

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1214651819068198912?s=20

Umm

I was playing Sea of Thieves last night and someone called me “kid.” I’ll guarantee I was older than him and likely by a fairly significant margin. I’ll admit I was a little triggered.

1 Like