The NHL Thread: It’s Back

He was pretty good last year, 8 GSAA on a Florida team that was pretty run-and-gun. He’s got two Vezinas, a SC here and I think he’s in the conversation for the HOF.

Anyway, I love BOBROVSKY!

Fml

Omg Tkachuk’s run directly off the ice through the door celebration is incredible

Absolutely incredible series. Cant imagine anybody expected this happening when these two teams were slotted in.

Carolina gonna get swept and people won’t appreciate how tight that series has really been

It’s almost as if having a hot goalie is a cheat code

sweep

Fuck Florida and their playoff run good across all sports. Lightning x3, Buccs x2, Heat x3, Marlins x2 (all 2000+ except Marlins 97). Rays knocking on the door a few times… am I missing anything? Probably more obnoxious than Boston as a NY area fan.

At least they don’t have any fans

1 Like

giphy

3 Likes

When was the last double sweep in the conference finals?

4 1 goal games against a two time Vezina winner who is molten hot? Tough way to get swept.

1 Like

Jamie Benn was holding the stars back. 2-3 here we come!

Going with stars and heat tonight so definitely go to other way.

Stars this playoff:

Games 1-3: 2 wins, 7 losses
Games 4-7: 8 wins, 1 loss

Oops, someone forgot to tell Dallas game 6 is tonight.

No worries, theyll win the next one

Florida can’t keep its mojo going after an 11? day layoff, can they?

I get the idea of wanting to keep the rythym going, but NHL playoffs are hard on the players phyiscally. I would guess that the benefit of 11 days to rest and recooperate is a real tangible benefit that offsets the intangible benefit of wanting to stay “on a roll”.

1 Like

goalies get out of rhythm after 11 days, so most worried about Bob turning into a pumpkin.

2 Likes