The NHL Thread: It’s Back

These professional athletes, its always something with them
https://twitter.com/fkatbhabhi/status/1658887857170415616?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1658887857170415616|twgr^8ef9b8971e873f7e133e1d2400ae2f986965bcee|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pensburgh.com%2F2023%2F5%2F19%2F23728590%2Fsidney-crosby-off-season-jeopardy-penguins-sid-feel-good-stories

pro move is to just watch the 4th ot when you get a notification that is the 10th longest game or whatever

1 Like

My fiancé works with one of the Carolina players parents so we stayed up and watched

ATTABOY SID!

download.jpeg-3

1 Like

Which one?

Jarvis on Carolina, second year kid. Has played really well these playoffs.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s good.

Reminds me of the story James told on a recrnt episode of Jeopardy Masters. After his initial run he was brought in to be a presenter for an award at the NHL award ceremony. Backstage he saw Crosby and got nervous thinking of approaching him and saying hi. Crosby spotted him and ran up to him and told him what a huge fan he was and that they had Jeopardy on in the locker room every night during his run.

Incredible story. Can you imagine running into a sports hero of yours and having them geeking out about you?

2 Likes

What a terrible turnover in that game btw. Theres 15 seconds left, just flip it up and out. Hell even with an icing theres less than 7 seconds left

True but it’s probably less easy to think of the optimal play when you are completely gassed in the last seconds of the 4th OT.

1 Like

Reminds me of a story I heard about Weird Al (from the internets, so don’t know how strict to truth it is).

Apparently he got invited to an industry party early-ish in his career and considered not going because he wasn’t sure if he was cool or famous enough to go there. He ended up going and hears someone yell “Hey! Weird Al is here!”.

It was Paul McCartney.

Imagine being a musician and a fucking Beatle is excited to meet you.

2 Likes

I heard the same story and am pretty sure it’s true.

Its also consistent with a bunch of other stories about Crosby so there’s no reason to doubt it.

Oh, I was referring to the Weird Al story. This is the first time I’ve heard that Crosby story, not that I have any reason to doubt it. Celebrities are people, too.

1 Like

OT is back on the menu for the Canes and Panthers. :smiley:

been a tight game thus far, really enjoying it

Yea this series is tight

I have never seen someone do what Barkov did on his goal, he faked a between the legs shot just to pull it back and wait out the goalie going down to flip it over him. That’s an incredible amount of patience, especially in a playoff atmosphere when everybody is squeezing the stick.

2 Likes

Ya players trying the between the legs move is so common now that Barkov faked it. Such a great goal.

I’ve seen guys fake the “Forsberg”, but never the between the legs.

Wonder where this GoalieBob has been for the past 3 years. It’s all voodoo and coin flips.

1 Like